Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    Got any knuckles layin around that garage Erik?
    i just may... i'll look this morning, otherwise, i'll try to find you a pair.
    *edit* nevermind, i just saw that you have it covered. let me know if you need anything else.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rat. Glad you are allright.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Kurt, I still have the extra calipers that Erik gave me in case yours got a little mashed in the mishap. I don't know if they're a match to yours, but they're yours if you want them, and I also have the knuckles out there too. I'll take pictures and post them up.
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
          i just may... i'll look this morning, otherwise, i'll try to find you a pair.
          *edit* nevermind, i just saw that you have it covered. let me know if you need anything else.
          Dana 60 front??? Thanks Erik, I'll let you know if I need anything. Maybe a brain that connects to something besides STUPID would be nice...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt, Beau was talking about the pick a part of Miliken avenue its between Jurupa and mission blvd on the east side right across from the old dump

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Kurt, Beau was talking about the pick a part of Miliken avenue its between Jurupa and mission blvd on the east side right across from the old dump
              Crap they had there 1/2 price day this weekend.I missed it. I emailed them and they hvae diferent parts on sale diferent days of the week.
              Last edited by Jeeperator; 10-13-08, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Holy crap! Kurt glad your ok ill check on front end parts for you as well call me later
                The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
                  Holy crap! Kurt glad your ok ill check on front end parts for you as well call me later
                  Will do Dan. Thanks!

Comment

I think my day was a whole year's worth all rolled into one! It started when the GPS :poop: the bed, my jacket zipper broke, I sun burned the top of my head real good, got stuck in soft sand (that's when the ring gear broke), and to top it off, I got a call from the Animal Control that my favorite little weiner dog Gus, who I bought but my ex got in the divorce, was run over and killed Friday (he was micro chipped Sarah) . I'm just now digging out from under that big, steaming pile of :poop:, well, when life gives you manure, plant a garden, right?
                    Holy cow Rat! I've been traveling and just read this thread. With your luck, I think you get the Joe Bftsplk Award and probably should get blamed for Friday's global financial crisis, too. I'm glad you didn't get injured when the wheels came off.

I assume that you DID NOT leave the front axle stub shafts in the wheel hubs, so therefore both unit bearings failed at the same time near Boulder Bay which is about two miles from the 7-Eleven ??? As Josh (Tomb Raider 940) said in his post, there was a recent thread in the ROC Forum about the need to reinstall the outer stub shaft if you're going to drive your Jeep without the front axle shaft. According to that thread, most people who don't reinstall the stub shaft make it THREE miles before the wheels come off
                    http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/ph...p?f=23&t=60474
                    Did your friend who made it from Big Bear to San Diego reinstall the outer stub shaft in the hub before driving home? If not, he must have been very lucky.
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                      Did your friend who made it from Big Bear to San Diego reinstall the outer stub shaft in the hub before driving home? If not, he must have been very lucky.
                      No he did not. I've driven with it like this before, 26 miles one way to work and back, at highway speeds... Won't do that anymore

Comment

What do you guys think?
                        I guess it really is a Jeep thing......

Glad your alright Kurt
                        Its no fun without family

Comment

wow..... I think I'll go to the bar for ya, and have a few as I contemplate your luckiness.
                          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Do you think it anything to do with the problem you had towing it home a while back?
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by tool pimp View Post
                              I guess it really is a Jeep thing......
                              Behatch!

Originally posted by tool pimp View Post
                              Glad your alright Kurt
                              Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                                Do you think it anything to do with the problem you had towing it home a while back?
                                Nope. Just bad judgment, bad luck, bad juju, whatever ya wanna call it.

Comment

Working...
                                X