Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mean Green & Alt welder

I have a high output of power for my jeep.
    4x55w Aux light's
    2 headlight's
    2x100w Aux light's
    2x30w rocker light's
    10K Lb Winch
    CD player, Serius radio, CB + a few other odd's and end's.
    Also soon to come a E-Fan
    I am running a denso 120amp Alternator with a yellowtop Optima.
    The Alternator seem's like it is not charging fast enough when everything is running or even just the light's.
    I was wondering if any one on here has used or is using a Mean Green 200amp Alternator?
    I really need to figure this out before i go with a E-Fan.
    Also does anyone have a wrightup or have any info on how to hook up a Alternator by it's self to run it as a Arc Welder?
    Bracket's? Belt length?
    1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

Well if you want a bigger alternator and want to weld why not simply buy the premnier power welder and be done with it. Get one that has the amperage you want and need and call it good. For simple welding an old external regulator ford alternator is best since its easy to full field it, which is what you want for welding, so either run a seperate alternator or rewire a ford alternator so you can switch it from the regulator to full field with the power lead disconnectet or switched to welding. Still if you feel like spending the 300 something bucks for a mean green alternator, it might be wiser to get the premier welding setup, It will happily burn 1/8 rods with good penetration and if it gives you the output you want to run all your goodies that would be the best way to go

Comment

Working...
    X