Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is correct. Vehicles are manufactured with them but are not required by state law. Fed law does not overide state law for vehicle code. I lost mine the first week I had it. You can always put one in the receiver hole on the bumper.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I'll have a bunch in stock ready for install next week . Mention MY JEEP ROCKS for a Discount !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jim79cj7
        I'll have a bunch in stock ready for install next week . Mention MY JEEP ROCKS for a Discount !!!!

ooo!ooo! mine mine! do i get a discount!?
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          ooo!ooo! mine mine! do i get a discount!?
          You'll have to pay administrator fees !!!

Comment

You'll have to pay administrator fees !!!
            D'OH
            ROFL...ok, then 10 cents it is!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              D'OH
              ROFL...ok, then 10 cents it is!
              Hay don't forget you MJR Discount !!!

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                That is correct. Vehicles are manufactured with them but are not required by state law. Fed law does not overide state law for vehicle code. I lost mine the first week I had it. You can always put one in the receiver hole on the bumper.
                State Code 2460.3 states that the vehicle has to conform to the Federal law at the time of initial sale. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Anyway...back on topic...hmmmmm...I am seriously considering a carrier at this point...it would be nice to have before Moab.

Comment

Go with Jc Fab. You will not be disapointed. All of Jims stuff is top notch, high grade, Ive worked in and around his shop and these things are basically bomb proof. My dad has Jc Fab bumpers front/rear, rockers and all sorts of other stuff from Jim and he has abused the stuff out of them and they have never once had a problem. Alos if your concerned about the third brake light Jims rear bumpers have one on them.

www.jcfabanddesign.com
                  DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nick76cj5
                    Go with Jc Fab. You will not be disapointed. All of Jims stuff is top notch, high grade, Ive worked in and around his shop and these things are basically bomb proof. My dad has Jc Fab bumpers front/rear, rockers and all sorts of other stuff from Jim and he has abused the stuff out of them and they have never once had a problem. Alos if your concerned about the third brake light Jims rear bumpers have one on them.

www.jcfabanddesign.com
                    What a good boy ! AND what a shameless plug ! everybody welcome Tazdevil's Oldest Buy Nick ! He is one of the few 15 year olds who can pull a tranny and transfer cases without a Floorjack ! Thanks NICK !

PS . Nick digs Chubby chicks !

Comment

Another shameless plug!!

Welcome Nick
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

LOL
                        1997 Green TJ
                        RE 3.5 SF Lift Kit w/ RS9000 shocks
                        Currie AntiRock, Some KC's and
                        some other goodies riding on 33's

Comment

Jim, I checked out the website and saw all the add-on's. I'm assuming that a carrier can be had with all, some, or none of these. I'm basically just looking for a carrier that'll hold a hi-lift (if I ever buy one ), my tire, and not stick too far away from the body. I was looking at a LoD one, they're cheap enough, but it looks like it'd be kinda rough fabbing up a hi-lift mount due to a lack of room. I couldn't find any pics of the hi-lift setup on yours. Can't mount it inside, because my kid's back there and she'd get pissed sharing space with a jack . I'm very interested and if you could either PM me a price or email it to dracktj@msn.com , I'd really appreciate it.....I'm just afraid shipping'll kill me from Cali to Pennsyltucky . Thanks man.

Comment

drak,
                            the highlift mounts inside the carrier between the gas cans, he even lines the bottom of the tray so it doesn't rattle! this is from the rear bumper page, if you clik on "highlift mount" ...
                            http://jcfabanddesign.com/rear/hilift.html
                            hope that helps!

Comment

I like the way the JC fab and design carrier looks, and the price is good.. but I got a canyon city rear tire carrier and I am very happy with it. I hold two full gas cans and a 35" BFG witha steel wheel spare on there, and it doesnt show any signs of sagging after a year and a half of hard use by me, not to mention several years of use by the previous owner.
                              Scott
                              89 yj with crap and stuff.

Comment

If you haven't made a decision yet, I vote very strongly for the ORFab swing out tire carrier. They gaurentee no rattles up to a 39" tire,it horizontal mounts a shovel and hi lift. The Gerry can option is sweet. I've run mine for 6 months and love it. HIGHLY recommend it.

Plus with others you're stuck with whatever bumper they give you, with ORFab you can choose whatever bumper you like (turns out I chose a wrap around bumper to protect my corners by ORFab but only Toys by Troy would have been an option for me because everyone else is a straigt bumper with no corner protection). That's my opinion.

Steve
                                35" MTRs, Ox Lockers, bellyup, cage, stuff + things... blah, blah, blah . <><

Comment

Working...
                                X