Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first "paying" job was a gas jockey at a Chevron that sold Premium 106 octane for $.45 a gallon. That was 1973, shortly after the gas crisis. I worked until 12 midnight and carried a
    .38 snub S&W. I was 13. Can you imagine the hullabaloo that would cause these days?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      My first "paying" job was a gas jockey at a Chevron that sold Premium 106 octane for $.45 a gallon. That was 1973, shortly after the gas crisis. I worked until 12 midnight and carried a
      .38 snub S&W. I was 13. Can you imagine the hullabaloo that would cause these days?
      I worked at a Texaco in 1966 and gas was $.369. I never bought gas there. I went to Terrible Herbst on Harbor Blvd in Santa Ana and paid $.259! I made a whopping $1.25 an hour - thought I was a king!

Kurt - It's probably a good idea to still carry the .38.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

haha, my first job I made $8.50 an hour and the least i can remember ever paying for gas (actually me paying for gas) was about $2.25 a gallon. How times have changed...
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
        X