Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something went wrong...?

Ok, so yesterday I was driving home from work, and to make a long story short I had to floor it to avoid being hit. Well right as I floored it my oil pressure dropped to 0. I've been having issues with this happening a lot lately... anyways, got about 1 mile down the road and it felt like I dropped a cyl and I threw a C.E.L., I turned at the stoplight I was at and it started to shutter, squeel, maybe a knock( it was raining like crazy, can't tell if it was a knock or water hitting the wells) and sounded like it was done for so I shut it off and let it coast. Luckily home was only about a block away so I towed it home.

Ok, heres where I'm confused. At the light where I turned and it made noises there is a plain as day path of what looks like coolant. When I got home I checked my coolant and it wasnt full, but wasn't empty. Checked my oil and thats full and clean. Checked trans fluid and thats full. There is no evidence of a leak, no fluids in the engine bay or underneath, I didn't smell anything and still don't. Where did the spot come from on the highway? Can you blow coolant, but not all of it, and not be able to tell under the hood? It was raining but I didnt drive anywhere to wash anything out from underneath.

My C.E.L. was a misfire in cyl #1. I checked the compression and cyl #1 reads about 130psi but starts to drop on the gauge, the rest all read 150psi and hold the pressure. I've got oil pressure again as well.

Jeep runs fine now. No noises, no C.E.L., no problems at all. There was even enough coolant to keep it running at normal temp as I limped to the gas station for a new jug. I don't understand what happened...?
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

You may have some sort of problem in the #1 cylinder...
    That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Since it was raining so hard, whats the possibility you got something wet, causing the rough running/misfire. After it dried out, it ran smooth again.

Comment

Sounds like water in the ignition somwhere. Did you go any deep puddles? How could you see coolant on the ground if it was raining that hard. The rain would of washed it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          Sounds like water in the ignition somwhere. Did you go any deep puddles? How could you see coolant on the ground if it was raining that hard. The rain would of washed it away.
          well thats what I was thinking but its there. And no deep puddles.
          Yellow 01 Sport
          4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

Working...
          X