Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog lamp relay help

This is for an '03 TJ with stock fog lamps.

Does anyone know either: where the relay for the fog lamp switch is located, or what the color the wires are that come out of the steering column which are attached to the fog lamp switch in the turn signal stick?

I am not looking for the relay in the main PDC under the hood that de-activates the fog lamps when the high beams are turned on.

The problem is that the fog lamp switch in the turn signal stick is boogered up somehow (lights flicker on/off when in the off position), and I want to just cut off the lines to that switch and install a new one in the dashboard to activate the lights instead.

Thanks in advance for any help, i spent 6 hours under the dashboard and hood today trying to back-track and color-identify wires and have gotten nowhere. I suspect the Haynes manual color codes are incorrect.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
    This is for an '03 TJ with stock fog lamps.

Does anyone know either: where the relay for the fog lamp switch is located, or what the color the wires are that come out of the steering column which are attached to the fog lamp switch in the turn signal stick?

I am not looking for the relay in the main PDC under the hood that de-activates the fog lamps when the high beams are turned on.

The problem is that the fog lamp switch in the turn signal stick is boogered up somehow (lights flicker on/off when in the off position), and I want to just cut off the lines to that switch and install a new one in the dashboard to activate the lights instead.

Thanks in advance for any help, i spent 6 hours under the dashboard and hood today trying to back-track and color-identify wires and have gotten nowhere. I suspect the Haynes manual color codes are incorrect.
    I have a complete tunr signal assembly if you need it. It worked fine when I took it out.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      I have a complete tunr signal assembly if you need it. It worked fine when I took it out.
      there's only one other person I know other than you that I would expect to have such a random component.

does it have the fog light switch integrated or not? are you going to be around tomorrow? let me know because i might be interested in nabbing it from you, or at least borrowing it to trace circuits.

thanks kurt.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
        there's only one other person I know other than you that I would expect to have such a random component.

does it have the fog light switch integrated or not? are you going to be around tomorrow? let me know because i might be interested in nabbing it from you, or at least borrowing it to trace circuits.

thanks kurt.
        Mike,
        I'm in Washington DC right now, and I'll be gone all week. But if I remember right that switch is my office at work. If you want to go down there and pick it up, I'll call my lead tech and ask him to look for it. If it's there I'll let you know Monday.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

kurt don't worry about it this week, but thanks for the offer. i have another lead on a solution and if i can't get that to work out today i'll let you know and i can grab it next week or whatever. i'm in no rush, this is part of a list of other things i've gotta get fixed right now anyways.

cheers.

EDIT: Kurt, got the fog lamp switch by-passed yesterday so i think i'm good for now on the signal unit.
          Last edited by maddmike; 09-08-08, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X