Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendations on springs for tj

I am looking to buy some new or used springs but not sure what I want. I have a RE superflex kit with Tera flex 3.0 inch springs with a 1 inch spacer in the front. I want around 4 inches of lift. I dont think I want the re 4.5 inch springs that normally come with my arms because I read that some people are having problem with jacking(when going up steep inclines with this combo).Ride quality is also a consideration. I was thinking of going with RE 3.5 inch spring or currie 4 inch springs. I heard nothing but good aboiut the re spring and even that they are actuallly taller than advertised (3.5" is actually around 4") I dont know anthing about currie spring but I do know the company some good quality stuff. Anyone who has currie spring on their rig give me some feedback.

ive never had the currie springs personally but i have heard only good about them. i plan on buying the 4inch set soon because my skyjackers are old and have a lot of sag

Comment

There is another option to keep your springs and the decent ride. You can use JKS Spring Adjusters then you can adjust the height and control the ride at the same time. As the springs sag you can also compensate the ride height and adjust them.

I am here to help if you need me
      Brett
      offroadwerkz.com
      (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

still got the 4" currie springs waiting for you.
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I still might take you up on those I will definatly let you know.

Comment

RE's 3.5" springs with spacer and 4.5" springs always treated me right. Never had any jacking issues.
            I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
            Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

can you explain what jacking is ?????

Comment

That is where it pushes the front axles underneat the jeep thereby lifting the front not a good thing while going up a fairly steep incline

Comment

I like RE springs, swapped out Full Traction springs for the RE. If interested I have a set of new ACOS spacers for the rear only , For a TJ/LJ
                  06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                  07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                  X