Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaky, no leaky...

the weirdest thing happened to me the other day. I live in Ontario. I drove the jeep to Mt Sac over in Walnut. I drive thru the usually overcrowded parking lot then make a tight u-turn and go and park. i get out and walk around the jeep and notice a puddle starting on the ground with a drip every 1 second or so. its hot and at 1st i thought it was water. i looked at it and touched it and realized it was steering pump fluid.. DAMIT!

About 3 yrs ago i upgraded to a 99 dodge durango steering box. everything was good til now. so i go to class pissy and expect to have no steering when i go home some 25 miles. when its time to leave the jeep still has PS.all the way home... i get home. no leaking. i expected it to be empty or something. nope. in fact its not nearly as low as it looked like it dumped out... WHAT GIVES? an o-ring started to leak, then sealed?

how hard is it to do a o ring repair? Napa wants 6.00 for the kit btw.. thats cheap... if it starts up again, then i will do a write up on it
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Most steering boxes are not all that hard to reseal
    The output shaft seal is the hardest since the pitman arm has to come of. AOTC pitman arm puller and a big hammer will tackle that part though

Comment

Working...
    X