Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terra low kit

i stopped by 4wheel parts and was quoted 320.00 labor to install a terra low kit , does this sound fair or should i try installing myself . also with $1100-$1300 for the kit + labor for A 231 upgrade should i consider a atlas II for around $2200 ....

I bought mine from groupbuy 4x4 for 775 bucks plus 35 dollars for shipping. The 300 something for labor is not to terrible, however since you are planning on changing the skid plate anyway you will be half way there. Except for doing this on a really hot day in the sun it was actually not a bad install. I could always help you with it.

Comment

art what kit did you buy ? they qouted me almost $1300 for the 4.2 ratio crawler kit from terra low , how many hours to install ??

Comment

hey steve , let me know if you install yourself im thinking about goig the same route
        :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

I think that the amount of $$ is close enough, I would go with the Atlas, because you can put the Atlas in yourself... I mean, if you pay for install on the terra low, it gets real close. but if you all are gonna do a terra low workshop .... hmm, lemme check the piggy bank
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

You also have the cost of shift linkage and drive shaft to add to the price of the atlas.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

You can buy the teralow from teraflex on line for 1,049.99
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Or you can get a Rubi 241 between $800-$1,000 and sell your t-case.
                [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

x2 on Rubi case swap. I did this and has been the best mod ever!! I have an entire write up on this also:
                  http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...hlight=NV241OR
                  http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399875

I bought my case on Ebay for $800 sold my old one for $300 + some other parts = a much stronger T-case than a 231 with a 4:1 inside of it. PM me if you have any other questions
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Atlas II

Hey Steve, in my Jeep I have the 5 to 1 Atlas that Advanced Adapters donated. Along with the 4.88's, I think it's great to just idle over rocks & things. So if you are considering an Atlas, I hope this helps.

Also, with the 35" tires the freeway speed and gas mileage are close to stock.

LoL.... Jeeps & gas mileage in the same post, I crack myself up sometimes.

Later, Steve
                    All slow and no show

Comment

thanks for the input steve , i'm running 4.56's it seems fine just wanted alitte less crawl speed

Comment

The teralow or the 241 with your lockers can do the same stuff as an atlas. But then again there not an ATLAS!

Comment

I bought the terra low for a 6 cyl engine even though mine is a little 4 popper but the six speed has the same output as the 5 speed trans for the 6 cyl jeeps.
                          Basically what's involved is remove the trans skid
                          remove the drive shafts. then remove the transfer case
                          Only 6 bolts holding it on to the trans. Then split the case take all the guts out install it in the terra low front halve and reassemble the thing.
                          I think doing this in a drive way takes around 5 hours maybe a bit less. It's not terribly hard and comes with pretty decent instructions. Is yours a 5 speed or an automatic?

Comment

mines a 5 speed !

Comment

let's explore this 241 thing a lil' more.... how much are they new? I mean the dealer has to have them right?
                              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X