Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of priorities

Moved from Trail Reports / Trail Discussions > Trail Report Achy Breaky / Pumpkin Eater Evening / Morning run.

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
    That Tummy Tucker skid on the transfer case is the way to go. I was just looking at the Belly-up Skid by Teraflex. It's pretty much the same thing. It recommends a 1" body lift. I'm not a big fan of body lifts. But 1" aint much.
    I do like the idea of a lower center of gravity.
    Did you replace your lower control arms?
    Mine are all bent up. I was just wondering if an after market design can take more beating. Even without anymore lift?

I want to go with 35's eventually, but with 3:07's in the pumpkins I am prolly maxed out already with my 32's. But you've got me thinking along a whole new line.
    I might just get a set of Solid Axles complete with lower gears and lockers already in 'em. And skid plate everything.
    Then I could take her out just about anywhere and decide if I really need anymore lift.

Thanks for the input Max. I appreciate the no how that comes with experience.
    And anyone else is welcome to chime in. :shout:
    I'm green, looking to go Black Diamond!

Scott
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

To your points.

Scott, I replaced all of my control arms.NTH tubes with clevite bushings. I will be replacing the rubber with the just released Johnny Joints with thread in option.

You'll eventually want a transfer case with a deep gear reduction for serious crawling,ie: 4:1, 3:1, You might look for a Rock Trac out of a Rubicon or go straight for the Atlas, There are other options out there too.

Taller tires = bigger axles (Housing and shafts) and "456" and lower gears. You could do 44's but if you have the cake go for 60's, 9"s,Unimogs, Rockwells, etc. If you go with 44's or 60's there are lots of reputable companies and options.

You already have some good ideas, research, research, research. Call All the companies you are interested in and let them know you are "shopping". Listening is free. Ask them to send you brochures to supplement what you discuss on the phone. It's always cool to have all that stuff handy so you can catch your drool. Last, discuss your choices with your peers that have experience with the products you like the best!
    Best, Max7
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
      Scott, I replaced all of my control arms.NTH tubes with clevite bushings. I will be replacing the rubber with the just released Johnny Joints with thread in option.

You'll eventually want a transfer case with a deep gear reduction for serious crawling,ie: 4:1, 3:1, You might look for a Rock Trac out of a Rubicon or go straight for the Atlas, There are other options out there too.

Taller tires = bigger axles (Housing and shafts) and "456" and lower gears. You could do 44's but if you have the cake go for 60's, 9"s,Unimogs, Rockwells, etc. If you go with 44's or 60's there are lots of reputable companies and options.

You already have some good ideas, research, research, research. Call All the companies you are interested in and let them know you are "shopping". Listening is free. Ask them to send you brochures to supplement what you discuss on the phone. It's always cool to have all that stuff handy so you can catch your drool. Last, discuss your choices with your peers that have experience with the products you like the best!
      Best, Max7
      Or you could just trade the Jeep in, and get a Landcruiser, LOL, Kevin.

Comment

Phunny!

Your funny Kevin! Well.... you could!
        Best, Max7

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
          Or you could just trade the Jeep in, and get a Landcruiser, LOL, Kevin.
          Don't you know what the FJ stands for on a Land Cruiser...

Fake Jeep!:tongue:

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post

Best, Max7
            Thanks a lot Max. I am gonna get started on that reasearch right now. I'll have plenty of time, because other than knowledge I'm only short on money.
            Gonna start with an oil pan skid though. I think it's a good investment for now.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later. I will post up when they arise.

Scott
            Last edited by Dezertdog; 08-13-08, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X