Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird starting problem - door switch???

OK, here's a weird one for you all...

1992 XJ. HAD an alarm, took it out because it caused no start condition or shut down while driving. NOT GOOD.

But, every now and then, the XJ won't start. Through a lot of trial and error I found that SLAMMING the driver side door made it start.

Is there some sort of switch in or near the door that might cause this to happen?

Thanks!
    TAZ :confused2

If you slammed it, do you think it is a short somewhere
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I am thinking it might be an open, but could be either.

It is baffling... and, only every now and then. Weeks will go by and it is fine. Then, suddenly, POOF, it frags on me... <<sigh>>

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
      If you slammed it, do you think it is a short somewhere

Comment

I had alot of problems with my 88 a while back. I had 2 problems. One was the CPS. All I did was unplug and plug back in the connector a couple times and that fixed the starting issue. The other problem was related to a wiring harness that ran under the driver carpet. It gets warn through and starts shorting on the floor board. I'd take a look at that.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Ya my 91 used to have a similar problem but I came to find out that my shifter sensor was worn out and wouldn't recognize the shifter was in park or neutral so just shaking it or hitting it forward usually did the job, and on one occasion I got mad and slammed my door and when I got back in it started fine.

Comment

Working...
          X