Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a lil help

i am trying to find out how to fix my 97 tj. driving yesterday i noticed a very loose back end, found my bracket holding my d35 axle to i believe the upper arm has completely severed right in the middle. drove about one mile and smelled the rubber from my tires rubbing the coils. really need a cheap fix right now, i cant take this opportunity to upgrade to a 44. do i cut that bracket off and replace? can i weld a new bracket on(axle is looking pretty aged)? anybody know where i can find the bracket? any intel would be awesome, thanks guys

I good welding shop could patch it for you, but the best thing would be to replace it. Rubicon Express makes new ones (http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Produc...=FC754B6449553). You wont need all in that kit, just PN's: RE9980 and RE9974. OR you could find someone with an old D35 housing and have them cut the bracket off.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Hell,
      I saw you are in Lakewood and started to say bring it by my shop and I'll weld it up for you, but then I looked again and saw Lakewood... Ohio. Oh well. It's an easy fix if you can get a weld shop to do it for you.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

same thing happened to my buddy, when he went to a shop they would not weld it as they were worried about the tubes on the diff distorting from the heat, if it was not put in a jig to keep them straight. So he fabbed up some gussits, and got some brackets from "currie" and welded it up himself. Good luck.
        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

thanks to you all, i'm going to check the local yards in the morning, may just buy a new bracket and also have someone weld some support to the other one.

Comment

Working...
          X