Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARB Problems

Hello, I have a 89 inline 6 manule carb YJ.

What kind of problems have you guys ever had with your stock carbs?

I belive my carb is going / not rebiult the right way. Is it easy to rebuild a carb? What does it mean to have a "nutter" or something like that done on the carb? Is it a lot better afterwards?

I ask these questions because I belive that when ever I hit a bump, something in my carb is doing something wierd because it kinda sputters after each bump.

Thanks a lot, Jon Tice.

It is fairly simple to rebuild the carb's. I rebuilt my Carter BBD every 6 months, as part of regular maintenance to my Jeep. Order several rebuilt kits. Make sure you aren't "dripping" gas into the intake...which indicates a partial block of the jet. Lots of articles how to cure that issue too.

The nutter bypass takes control of the carb away from the computer. When I did mine, it ran A LOT BETTER. I was able to pass CA emissions with the Nutter Bypass (if tech saw the bypass, I would fail visual, but I kept all wires in the harness).

Comment

taking it to the shop

I'm going to be taking my Jeep to the shop on Wednesday, so I will let you know how it all goes. Jon.

Comment

Working...
      X