Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm I should go thru my box o' bolts and see what I have.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
      hmmm I should go thru my box o' bolts and see what I have.
      yeah I just rummaged thru my bags of bolts-n-what-not. The only thing I need is that smaller sleeve on the right in the pic. I think it's tappered and will go into the draglink . . . I have the longer sleeve that came with mine and all the rest is just basic hardware store stuff. Anybody got one of those tappered sleeves lying around or know where I could find one?
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Sorry Joe, I looked all over and I can't find it. It must have fallen into the Black Hole.
        [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
          Sorry Joe, I looked all over and I can't find it. It must have fallen into the Black Hole.

Thanks anyway Lawrence I've got an email out to Full Traction to see if I can get the hardware kit only from them. Do you think I could find a tappered sleeve to go thru the draglink like in the pic anywhere???

Comment

No luck with FullTraction . . . 3 calls . . . 2 emails and nothing. Anybody know where I could find something that might work? The pic below as well as the pic that Lawrence posted of the OME hardware, seem like they would work great. In the set up pictured below, all I'd need is that small sleeve that goes into the draglink.

Comment

you could always get a currie and your search would be over!!
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                No luck with FullTraction . . . 3 calls . . . 2 emails and nothing. Anybody know where I could find something that might work? The pic below as well as the pic that Lawrence posted of the OME hardware, seem like they would work great. In the set up pictured below, all I'd need is that small sleeve that goes into the draglink.

Try: Luky's Hardware in Burbank:
                Luky's Hardware Co
                3814 W Burbank Blvd
                Burbank, CA 91505

Or: Call Jim Cox
                At JC Fab
                22117 Sierra Highway
                Sylmar, Ca 91342
                818-367-9904

Best, Max7
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks Max . . . I'll give Jim a call and see if he has something that'll work.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                    Thanks Max . . . I'll give Jim a call and see if he has something that'll work.
                    Joe, Luky's formerly known as (Joe Factor) is really great resource. It's not a "regular" hardware store. The sleve you where interested in for instance, they would probably have. It is worth checking out some time just so you know what they have. The desert race teams use them all the time. One last option is to take your existing piece to a machine shop. Good luck!
                    Best, Max7
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well I think my persistence might pay off. Talked with Full Traction a few more times and they asked the manufacture to send them an extra hardware set and said they'd have it out in the mail to me today . . . Keepin' my fingers crossed! I think that will be the final touch to get my lift install all dialed in. So now I've got to decide on the next project . . . I'm leaning towards an engine skid or oil pan skid next.

Comment

get the Full Traction one it seems to work well, looks alot better than my bannana shaped belly pan.
                        moon buggy
                        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                          get the Full Traction one it seems to work well, looks alot better than my bannana shaped belly pan.
                          Hey Stuart . . . which part are you referring to? Does FT make a engine skid?

Comment

Full Traction SUCKS

I don't have any issues with Full Traction's products (hopefully that won't change), but their service SUCKS! So after waiting 3 weeks for nothing, I ordered a stablizer kit online that uses the same hardware setup as FT...for half the price. On two seperate occasions I was told by Patrick that he had the parts in his hand and would have them out in the mail that day, yet 3 weeks later I've received nothing. I don't know if they are purposly F'ing with me or if they just have their heads up their asses, but this is pathetic. I've sent them a lot of money in the past, but will only deal with them if it's an absolute must from now on.

Comment

do you have an overall picture of the steering/trackbar mess?
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
                                do you have an overall picture of the steering/trackbar mess?
                                It's the steering stabilzer mounting hardware making contact with the support bar for the track bar mount that FT uses in their kit. I need hardware for stabilzer that won't stick up so far.

I guess I'll just have an extra stabilizer laying around . . . anybody need one??? :dunno: $25

Comment

Working...
                                X