Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Charles Wells' "Guide to Southern California Backroads and 4x4 Trails". It's got a nice blend of easy, moderate, and difficult trials as well as some good tips. Give some of the easy and moderate trails a try and then when you've got some confidence, try some of the more challenging trails. Be sure to join up with some folks that you trust to spot and are familiar with the trail . . . you've come to the right place for that . . . lots of pros on this site that will help you out
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Hey Tom welcome aboard. As many mentioned here, there are many trails close by, since we are neighbors maybe we can hook up and hit a trail. You can PM me any time if you want. So is your rubi ready to go? Tony.

Comment

Malachi, yer such a poser... sheesh! :devil:
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

The only thing standing between me and the trail is a windshield.Anybody got an xtra one laying around? the cheapest one I can find is about 600 bucks....Now I understand the true meening of J.E.E.P. and it aint cheap.

Comment

Cleghorn

Hondatom

X2 on all the advice. I'm always up for a Cleghorn run. It was my first trail and it's close.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post

...and if we talk REALLY nice to Giffer, he might road trip down...[/B]
              im working on it, but i think im better of renting a jeep while im down. save a whole load in gas, and tire wear. oh hell its only about 1500 miles.
              :devil: Giffer

Comment

Hey Tom, how's the windshield frame? If you only need just the (glass), $95 bucks at Scottys Jeep in Fontana. Give them a call, they have it all,pretty much.

Comment

just run the frame, nobody will notice...
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Alright! I found the frame for my windshield, "TRI COUNTY GEAR" had one in stock. It was a little rough, but my son and I cleaned it up, sanded it and painted it. Looks good and is now ready for glass. I still need hinges but I think I can find them easy enough. Big kudo's to tri county, there is alot of jeep stuff going on around that place.

Comment

Good news Tom! Getting closer to hitting that trail! Thats were I take my rig to have work done. Its the closest place for me to go.

Comment

Got my hinges! scotty's hooked me up for $50 a pair. should have my glass in next week. Woo Hoo!!!

Comment

Got the windshield frame and hinges on. Wow, now I can see just how f-ed up the doors really are. I guess I am not as ready for the trail as I thought I was.

Comment

Originally posted by hondatom View Post
                            Got the windshield frame and hinges on. Wow, now I can see just how f-ed up the doors really are. I guess I am not as ready for the trail as I thought I was.
                            Just pull the doors off and you're ready to go!!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                              Just pull the doors off and you're ready to go!!

Scott
                              I like the way you think.

doors? I don't need no stinking doors!
                              Last edited by hondatom; 06-09-08, 03:13 PM. Reason: ooops

Comment

Working...
                              X