Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Fuses

I keep blowing the fuse that is for my gauges. Very annoying. Any thoughts and/or suggestions.
    Last edited by tweezle; 12-17-03, 09:35 AM.
    Tweezle,
    87' Wrangler
    Black Beauty

Check for shorts. Do you have anything else wired to the wires for your gauges? They could have failed.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

No bare wires or anything that looks bad, and I haven't done any wiring prior to my problem presenting itself. It was about -15 degrees the first night it happened though. The brake light is also on that same fuse. Fuse will last sometimes 15min sometimes 3 days. I was just hoping that somebody had an idea before I start ripping the dash apart.
      Tweezle,
      87' Wrangler
      Black Beauty

Comment

I replaced the gas tank skid plate over the summer and had a hunch that maybe I pinched a wire from the tank when reattaching. Couldn't find anything there, (I didn't pull down the gas tank again that is alot of work on a hunch). I disconnected the gas gauge and the fuse hasn't blown for about three weeks. Does that make sense? If a wire from the sending unit was shorting out would disconnecting the gauge save the fuse? Or does it mean I have a short directly in the gauge?
        Tweezle,
        87' Wrangler
        Black Beauty

Comment

You definately have a short. My Blazer had one and it took the electrical shop almost 4 days to find it. Intermittent shorts like yours are even harder to find. You really need to get this looked at.

You very well could have pinched the wires for the sending unit.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

What he said ^^^, It really sounds like you pinched the wire for the gas sending unit. Double check to make sure you have no pinched wires, and if you are positive you dont, hook the gas gauge back up. If the fuse blows, then change the gas gauge. Good Luck!
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
            X