Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AFW Winch Front Bumper

I just install my new AFW (Advanced Frame Works) front bumper and winch. The front bumper was easy to install and fit perfect. High approach angle, heavy gauge steel, clean welds, and ready to drop in a winch. So when I bought the bumper I went ahead and bought a 10,000 lb Smittybilt Winch. And while I was at that, I grabed a new Yellow Top Optima Battery. Everything is finished and looks clean and nice.

Very sweet , nice clean install and set up, now hopefully that winch will "Get you into and out of trouble",,,,,
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

nice looking bumper.
      how much does it weigh?
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Nailer,

I didn't weigh it but I'd say 90 lbs. It felt about the same as the winch. It was nice cause during the install it sat nice and flat and balanced and that made a solo install much easier.

Comment

funny that bumper looks alot like this one that I built. Nice bumper!!!!!

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ga...00&userid=1859
          '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

That looks alot like the Hanson bumpers.....Very nice choice, if I say so myself!

Do you notice any difference in you motor temp with the lights and winch out in front?
            Money pit!

Comment

Paul,

I've only put 45 miles on it since the change. The temp did the normal thing for my Jeep, hard throttle for awhile, 210' and as soon as I backed off 195'. I will be moving the controler to the left side as soon as I get another bracket, thus completely out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Paul,

I've only put 45 miles on it since the change. The temp did the normal thing for my Jeep, hard throttle for awhile, 210' and as soon as I backed off 195'. I will be moving the controler to the left side as soon as I get another bracket, thus completely out of the way.
                Yah, moving the controller should make a small difference in the temp movement-especially when driving in traffic. I would guess that your engine temp probably builds to somewhere around 210° and then begins to drop as the thermostat opens. When it comes to crawlin' or climbing, I wouldn't worry about it.
                Money pit!

Comment

looks great mitch now you def ready to rund all the black dimonds with us maybe we should start on max's hairy crack trail

man i love your jeep ..........
                  [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

I've been wondering about that Smittybilt winch. WHo manufactures it? Is it one of those fine Chinese products?

I am saving for one of those Warn 9.0RC......It is rediculously expensive, but it only weighs 54lbs---I need that for I only have a 4cyl.
                    Money pit!

Comment

Paul,

Don't forget, you can cut 20 lbs by going to synthetic line. Just An Idea.

Comment

Hairy Crack

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                        looks great mitch now you def ready to rund all the black dimonds with us maybe we should start on max's hairy crack trail
                        ya know.... I resemble that remark! Nice bumper Mitch, looks great.. lets go use it!
                        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

looks real nice

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Paul,

Don't forget, you can cut 20 lbs by going to synthetic line. Just An Idea.
                            I should cut 10lbs. by losing some weight! Sometime about six months ago I found that 10lbs and have not given it back....
                            Money pit!

Comment

Have you started a signal fire with that winch yet, Mitch?
                              :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Working...
                              X