Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another duh!! question

ok so I got the new header installed up came a check engine light..Rat Patrol cleared it at Calico as well as Russ tried to clear it..So I rented the OBD scanner cleared it myself hoping it works this time..any help...thanks Geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

By the way it shows a misfire on the reading but it clears off right away and before the header was replaced it did backfire/misfire alot, because it had a huge crack in the old one, hopin the scanner detects the old problem and it stays cleared ..Thanks Geebo..

Comment

when was the last time you had a tune-up? although i'm not a mechanic, i'd suggest checking your plugs, wires, and distributor cap for any wear in case there really is a minor issue with the electrical.
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Ok Maddmike I,ll give that a try..let ya know what,s up..Geebo

Comment

Buy a new set of plugs and gap them correctly. My '03 Dodge Ram started running badly and two of the plugs had cracked ceramic insulators and the plug gap had gotten really wide.
          Result: Check engine light gone and gas mileage has returned to normal.
          Money pit!

Comment

bdw, thats the thing since the header replacement the jeep runs so smooth all the gauges are perfect..just that damn check light..By the way cleared it a 3rd time yesterday afternoon and it has not yet come back on..fingers crossed..Geeb..

Comment

Working...
            X