Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear bumper/tire carrier/hitch question

Most that I have seen ads on have receiver hitches that are not rated to tow. I have a frame pull hitch on my jeep now and was wondering if there is a bumper/tire carrier out there that my hitch could be used with? Thanks

best thing to do would be to look around at a bumper that you like and call the manufacture and ask them if it will work with your hitch. Im sure it will also depend on your mounting position etc... and most of the companies i know of make their bumpers rated to tow.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

It depends on what your towing. Heavy load stay with the frame mount, if its a small load then the bumper mounts are fine. If the load is over 1500lb then you need the frame mount.

Comment

Have you thought about adding a cross member to any new bumper you want to make it just as strong as a standard frame mount? I have a bumper I am building now out of 6"x3" box tubing with a cross member for tying in the tow hit are to the frame. I don't have photo's yet but might be able to post a drawing.

Comment

Working...
        X