Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelman View Post
    That thing (skid) is WAY flimsy!
    the gas tank skid on an '03-'06 is much beefier than previous models. i've seen both.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadly1 View Post
      Do you ever use your bumper to pull anything or as a recovery point or do you use a hitch for ANY reason?
      This can tweak out your crossmember too since the bumper bolts to it.

Do you have frame reinforcements on your bumper?
      Quite a few aftermarket bumpers have this little L bracket that secures it to the frame as opposed to the crossmember.

Lots of things can cause that crossmember to twist. Just straightening it may not be the answer.
      i'm absolutely sure it's the gas tank skid that bent the cross member and nothing else i have ever done to the jeep.

although i appreciate all the people trying to help me and provide suggestions, in this particular thread i really just need a few frame shop #'s. i know exactly what i did to the truck, exactly why i need it fixed, how i want to fix it, and exactly what to do to to keep it from happening again or will sign off on the concern of it happening again if it does. trust me i've already thought about this before i posted. thanks!

:thumbs_up
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

you should stop driving it if it is dangerous.

naw just kidding. it cant be that bad or all of us would have that problem.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

still how bout some pics????????

not of it in action of the actual damage
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
            Where are the pics Mike? I'm curious to see what's out of whack . . . is it the plate that the rear bumper bolts onto? Where do you think it happened . . .

I remember you having a pretty good go at this wall on Doran with all the loose big rocks at the bottom right under your tail as you climb. Do you think this is where you got it?

Try: Frame Masters http://www.framemasters1969.com/
            8946 Ellis Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90069 Tel: 310-842-8800 Fax: 310-842-8844 ...

[QUOTE=Schmo;96477]Where are the pics Mike? I'm curious to see what's out of whack . . . is it the plate that the rear bumper bolts onto? Where do you think it happened . . .

I remember you having a pretty good go at this wall on Doran with all the loose big rocks at the bottom right under your tail as you climb. Do you think this is where you got it?

Lol did anyone click on that link joe put in. Is hilarious.............
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
              anyone know of a good frame alignment shop in the LA area?
              Simpson Frame and Alignment 323-464-0572,323-462-3513. Its in Hollywood below the sign....ask for Jim. Totally cool guy, does great work. Tell him Rod sent ya.

Comment

Working...
              X