Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker guard advice needed

Im looking at some Rockmen sliders for my 06 LJ. They build them with or without the tube welded to the side. They also have a "Mercinary" verson that extends all the way under the fender flairs to each wheelwell. I dont rockcrawl my Jeep, but I do get on some rocky old mining trails (lite crawling). So do you find the slider bar an advantage for protection? "Well to well" protection worth the xtra money for a mid use trail rig? Thankyou.
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Having the rail is worthwhile, no doubt. I have it on mine and not only does it provide more protection, it gives you something to stand on which for a tall Jeep is very handy. Guys stand on the rail and hold onto my rollcage to keep me from tipping over, for my wife to step on to get in, etc. I'd hate not to have that rail on my rocker guards (made by Mike Duncan at 4XDoctor in Calif).

So far as wheelwell to wheelwell coverage, I believe that is less important so long as most of the rocker is protected.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

i think if its not much more id go wheel well to wheel well
      starvin student...

Comment

As someone who has a set of Rokmen Mercenaries on his rig, I say go for it. They are very well built and you will definitely not be disappointed in them.

As far as the wheel-well to wheel-well vs. flare to flare, why not have the extra protection if you can get it?
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Screw that, get ROCKIT MAN!!

Best rockers ever:

See these thread for more information:
          http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10508

Pics from this thread:
          http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...42&postcount=9
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Genright sells some great rockers at good prices. check them out as well
            Last edited by womb raider 940; 02-24-08, 11:34 AM.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I went through a couple different types before ending up with these. Good rockers are a tool and I work these hard.

[SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/RM.jpg[/SIZED]

Rock-it man...dont leave home without them
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

wheel well to wheel well, Rock-it man or if you can even find another brand that offers this definitely flip for them. if you're going to hit the rockers at all, it's equally likely that you'll hit them under the fender flares as in the center.

i don't care much for the rock rails but that's your preference.
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I'm partial to the Sun Performance rocker guards. They don't have the step like a lot of later generation rockers, but they are strong, and take a severe beating. I use them not only for protection, but also as a tool. You can plant the rocker on a rock and use it as a pivot point. I have dropped from 4 feet right onto them and only scratched the paint.
                  '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

SP were my first RG. They didnt keep the boulders far enough away to prevent damage to the skin. I ran them 4 years before changing.
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

Sun were mine as well. They were fine until I started wheeling a bit harder. They dont have enough underbody protection, and there arent attached far enough underneath to help counteract the rotational forces.

Rock-It Man:

When I removed the Sun to put on my Rock-It Man Rockers, this is what I found:

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

take a look at these guys. I have a set from, very well built

http://www.shrockworks.com
                        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

x2 or shrockworks.

i have no doubt in these things and they have saved my body many many times. These also have tons of protection almost all the way to the frame. I have my roll cage bolted to this thing right now.
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I guess I must wheel different, because I wheel the piss out of my Jeep and the SP rockers hold up fine. I never got any damage that I felt was because the rockers didn't give good enough protection...
                            '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Tam[/quote]

rockmen has a killer product that would save you from gettin this damage... the iner tub supports would have kept this from happinin
                              starvin student...

Comment

Working...
                              X