Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used a pull pal once
    and it saved my arse
    that thing is amazing in what it can do, you position it and it digs in and holds amazingly

the sitch was this, really nice hill climb, we all were on the bottom of the hill and agreed it was a must do, it was on the steeper side of the scale, and had a few obstacles that had to be negotiated. On top was a flatter area where you could turn around. I started off in second , got a good run and hit the hill, got around till the last turn and just as I cleared the rock the entire hill gave way and I was sitting in a sand pit, just knowing that another shift and the jeep was going down the hill sideways and backward. I jumped out and we hooked the winch to a tree. I did not want to pull using the tree as 1/2 the roots had been exposed in the slide. I called down for another vehicle and one of my buddies came up but he lost his fuel pump 1/2 way up. About this time another friend of mine, Larry Bernstein, who owns a 4x4 shop in Culver City climbed up with his pull pal. He has all the toys. After all his rig is a rolling advertisement for what you can do to a 4x4. anyway we pulled out about 60 feet of rope to get past the slide area and he set the pull pal on the ground, stepped on it once, attached the winch rope to it and in about 30 seconds I was on solid ground. I will tell you that thing rocks, it dug in just like an anchor and when we were finished released like one also. There sould be one in every group. as far as every vehicle? Price one and you will figure it out.

but it dug and held in a sand area that just 20 feet below it had let loose and on the side of a steeper hill
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

I do plan on getting one of these when I get my winch. Here's a link showing the pull pal being put to practice.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...hlight=pullpal

Comment

Working...
      X