Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pull pal, anyone using one?

It seems that the Pull Pal would make a lot of sense in the desert. Do they hold up? How about in rocky soil? Ordered the winch, got to hook it to somthing out there....
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Dave,

I hope that you hook to something besides my Jeep!!! Nice avitar picture, who's your photo man?

Comment

Originally posted by flatpoint View Post
      It seems that the Pull Pal would make a lot of sense in the desert. Do they hold up? How about in rocky soil? Ordered the winch, got to hook it to somthing out there....
      hows about hooking to a rock?
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Nice Mitch, OK, you mentioned the Pull Pal....You inspired me to get the comp....And I think WE know who the camera man is...Maybe I can pull you out,once I get the winch plumbed....

Comment

If there is a sizeable rock nearby, shure!

Comment

Did you just change your avi..... picture, Mitch? Now THATS a nice shot!

Comment

do you spend a lot of time wheeling by yourself?
              ERIK

Comment

Dave,

I've read a couple of articles about the "Pull Pal". I just checked the web site (www.pullpal.com) and thought that this looked like a very cool thing to use when there were no trees or large rocks to winch to, then I saw the $289.00 price and I fiqured that it would cheaper to pay for my gas and to have me tag along when ever you go wheeling, so you can us my Jeep as your anchor! I'll Call Thursday, thinking about Copper Strand Mine, Siver Bell Mine, and Silver Cliff Mine for Sunday. Lucerne Roger Will be Camping over the weekend around the area near Grand View and Ford Mine. And Nailer, there are a few too many trips alone! Not always the best way, but it's peaceful.

Comment

Somtimes I do, Im careful when Im out alone, just want to be prepaird if somthing goes wrong, but dont want to waste money on somthing Ill never use.

Comment

My thoughts ex., Mitch, about the mines,not your fuel bill, but thankyou for the portable gas burning anchorpoint offer!

Comment

well, if you spend a lot of time out there alone (not too bright IMO) then this might be a good thing to have in your arsenal.
                      you could always bury your spare tire, and save the 3 bucks.
                      ERIK

Comment

Erik,

I would not have ever thought of the spare tire thing. That's what is so cool when I wheel with the larger groups, I ALWAYS learn something about thinking outside of the box. It's usually rather flat ground when I'm by myself and I could always sustain a few days minus a serious injury. My winch is coming soon and I will probly by a Pull Pal.

Comment

Ah, yes the "dead man". Pretty rocky terrain where I usually end up, old mines. Dont know if a hole could be dug in these areas without blasting one. No, Im not too bright, The money Ive spent on my Jeep lately is proof of that!

Comment

No doubt about it, it is always safer (and more fun) to wheel with at least 1 other vehicle.

I know a couple in Palm Springs that wheel quite often alone. They have weekdays off and prefer the solitude. They typically stay away from black diamond trails when alone and they have a satellite phone. They file a trip itinerary with a friend in case they need help off the trail. Their winch can be mounted front or rear and they carry a PulPal. (To the best of my knowledge they have never used it on the trail. They have practiced using it and they say it works as advertised)

If I was on the trail alone on a regular basis I would carry one.
                            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

i would never wheel "alone" on anything more than an easy-moderate level trail but if you do wheel alone i would say a satellite phone is a wise investment, probably something you should spend money on before almost anything else.
                              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X