Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on board air

anybody ever heard of taking the a/c compressor and converting it for a air compressor? if so how can it be done?
    wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat.:yay: :shout:MUD MUD MUD I LOVE MUD CANT GO AROUND IT GOTA GO THROUGH IT!!

Originally posted by towering_xj View Post
    anybody ever heard of taking the a/c compressor and converting it for a air compressor? if so how can it be done?
    There are a lot of threads here on MJR and through-out the internet. Do a search [above] for "York". Another good source of info is Kilby Enterprises FAQ section. Even if you don't buy their products, it'll walk you through the process. The York compressor is probably your best choice as it's extremely common and won't cost much from a yard. If money is no issue (please put me in your will) then get the whole set up from Kilby.

Just google "York OBA" and you should find plenty of resources for information.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

The nice thing about the Kilby kit is that it allows you to keep your stock AC. I love my Kilby kit, although all I got was the bracket and I sourced everything else myself.

I just did a ViAir OBA kit for a guy, and it is a pretty nice system. The kit was surprisingly complete, although I did have to buy a few miscellaneous parts to do it the way I wanted.
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

I love my york. It can pump a lot of air. Some people don't like them because the york can tend to sieze/stop working.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Sanyo Compressor

Here is the set up I used.
          http://jeeperz.tenmagazines.com/gallery/TDSSD/78594.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            I love my york. It can pump a lot of air. Some people don't like them because the york can tend to sieze/stop working.
            I've never had one seize up on me, but I did overpressurize one, once. It blew the head gasket. I rebuilt it and it worked great for years.

The York is especially desireable just because it has a real oil sump and tends not to seize. The Sanden type compressors are the ones that have siezure problems.
            '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Working...
            X