Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Clicking Noise

I noticed yesterday (in the Del Taco Drive Thru) that there is a clicking noise coming from the engine area. It's one click every 15-20 seconds and I hear it when idling. Any thoughts??? I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the dealership to have them put in a new starter as I'm getting a slight grinding or rattling after the car starts for about a second as if the starter is not disengaging quickly enough. Could the click be related? I'm hoping that some of you may have some ideas so I can have the dealership take a look while it's in tomorrow.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

WELLLL, how about some more info. on your Jeep?
    LG
    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

06 Rubicon . . . 22K miles . . . pretty much stock . . . no engine mods. The dealership recently replaced the idle pulley. Other than regular maintainance items like oil changes, new air filter, etc. nothing else has been done to it.
      Last edited by Schmo; 01-27-08, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Any ideas??? Or things I should have the dealer check?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Any ideas??? Or things I should have the dealer check?
          When you get home, leave the engine idling and pop the hood-stand there for a few minutes and see if it does it again. Could it be the relay of your engines cooling fan cycling on and off?--that is if it's an electric fan----or is your a/c compressor cycling on and off? That will happen when either your a/c or defroster is switched on.
          Money pit!

Comment

I think I did have the defroster on when I heard it so I'll check that out . . . I didn't hear it this morning on my way to the dealership so I'll check her out when I get home. Thanks

Comment

It's in your mind Joe. The craziness is seeping in already... SOrry, I know I'm no help
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

No more clicking and my new starter took care of the grinding . . . looks like it's time to get back out there!

Comment

Working...
                X