Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine for Jeep Wrangler

This question is about the Wrangler I am HOPEFULLY getting in the next couple years. I am hoping to get a Wrangler in the late 80's to early 90's and am planning on replacing the engine with a newer one. Which would be better for gas mileage, handling, etc., a V6 or V8? Thanks
    Silly boys, Jeeps are for girls!

My Vote - I6 Stroker
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

X2 for a stroker...

Check out www.hescosc.com for more info ,theres other companies closer that build them as well just cant think of any at the moment. Also if your handy at engine work, there are many write ups/parts list available on the web so that you can build it yourself...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I'd say Vortec V6. Good gas mileage and plenty of power, but the I6 mentioned above would be easier.
        Check out .

Comment

I have abuddy with a Vortec in his XJ and i took a lot of work to get it in and fit with the right tranny etc... plus smogging it was kind of a bitch but all in all it is possible and his vortec is smog legal.

The stroker is easy cause it will fit without new mounts/modification etc, and gives you the tourque numbers and output of some of the larger more powerful engines around.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
            I'd say Vortec V6. Good gas mileage and plenty of power, but the I6 mentioned above would be easier.
            Ease was my main reason for posting I6. Anything else would be a lot of work, so it depends on the OPs motivation/skills/wallet.
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Saphira0602 View Post
              This question is about the Wrangler I am HOPEFULLY getting in the next couple years. I am hoping to get a Wrangler in the late 80's to early 90's and am planning on replacing the engine with a newer one. Which would be better for gas mileage, handling, etc., a V6 or V8? Thanks
              Since you're in FL and you don't have smog to worry about, anything goes. I used to live in St. Pete and one of my best buddies owns Jeepetos 4x4. Call Ramiro and tell him Lawrence sent you. He'll help you out find your dream Jeep
              [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X