Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked in to the hydro before I bought my electric and there are differently some advantages to them. I was actually dead set on getting one because I think they are great. If there is one thing I learned during my research is that everyone has an opinion and no matter what you buy someone will tell you why you bought the wrong one. Winch debates can be a real drag. Keep researching and read all the post on the different forums to get as much info as possible and get what suits you best. The only reason I went with the electric was that I found one that fit my budget and what I will be using it for. I’m running an electric with one battery and I have used it twice and it worked flawless both times. When I re-spooled the barrel I ran it continuously for the whole 125’ and the motor didn’t even get warm. Also, some of the new electrics are waterproof. Good luck.
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
      i'm still worried about nuking my battery on a long pull.

that being said, i think my comparison chart of pros vs cons just evened out now that i hear commentary suggesting no need for a second battery.

we'll see...but since my last post the arrows may be turning towards electric. i don't mean to avoid "following the crowd", but i'm hearing a lot of happy warn owners out there and it's making me think again and again that maybe that's the avenue i should go down. i just like to know the options and make sure that i'm buying something i'll be happy with.

besides, i need something to use my fire extinguisher on every once in a while, right?

If you are that concerned about killing your battery, purchase a high output alternator to go along with your new winch.
      I don't even have a winch on my Jeep yet and I found that the stock alternator simply wasn't providing enough charge at the end of a long day wheeling and it was draining the battery. This happened to both my old Blazer and my current YJ.
      I went with Erik AKA Nailer's suggestion and purchased an alternator from http://verizonsupersite.com/4alterst...p&catuid=10013
      No problems ever since!
      Money pit!

Comment

Working...
      X