Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Adjustment?

The exhaust pipe on my 2.5L 89 YJ just hangs down too low, right where it comes down next to the oil pan. I've had it fixed right where it connects to the manifold once after really snagging it in a rock garden. When I get rid of the transfer case lowering kit and have a slip yoke eliminator kit installed, its gonna look real appetizing to those rocks.

I think I may look into getting it adjusted somehow so its tucked up out of the way. So Im wondering if anyone else has done something similar. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

buy a TJ exhaust system.
    they go in front of the oil pan rather than under it.
    you may be able to find a used part to do it, or maybe quadratec?
    it is difficult to find a shop that will make that piece as the bends are pretty tight.

this is a 4.0, but i'm sure the same holds true for the 2.5.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I am not gonna go against the TJ exhaust suggestion, because I thin that the 'round the front route is trick, However, there is a place up here in Victorville called Howard's Muffler that regularly contributes to offroad events like Fun In The Desert, so I went to them after I won a Magnaflow from them in a raffle and they re-routed the exhaust on my YJ so freakin' sweet and tucked up nice, and didn't charge much at all. I got my Manifold welded by them as well after it cracked and I was so impressed by the job they did on the manifold that I then went and had them re-do the pipe from the manifold back, tucking the pipe up tight, they fixed all the hangers, replaced and re-routed the pipe, installed a new Magnaflow cat and installed the muffler for about $200- it took about an hour and a half.

I wouldn't be giving them props if I wasn't impressed.
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Did you pay extra for your Jeep to have the "extra torque" version of the 2.5l engine???

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the rocks on the muffler so much as I would rocks on the oil pan. Although I admit that I have a highly modified (read bent) Skidrow plate covering the trans and oil pan. The only real issue that i have had with my exhaust and the rocks is hitting the end of the tail pipe when coming down off of something.

I found a local shop that routed my exhaust in the original path, but tucked it up as tight against the trans as possible. But, if you have the $$$ the re-routed version off of the newer 2.5l Jeeps might be an idea!

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
        I am not gonna go against the TJ exhaust suggestion, because I thin that the 'round the front route is trick, However, there is a place up here in Victorville called Howard's Muffler that regularly contributes to offroad events like Fun In The Desert, so I went to them after I won a Magnaflow from them in a raffle and they re-routed the exhaust on my YJ so freakin' sweet and tucked up nice, and didn't charge much at all. I got my Manifold welded by them as well after it cracked and I was so impressed by the job they did on the manifold that I then went and had them re-do the pipe from the manifold back, tucking the pipe up tight, they fixed all the hangers, replaced and re-routed the pipe, installed a new Magnaflow cat and installed the muffler for about $200- it took about an hour and a half.

I wouldn't be giving them props if I wasn't impressed.
        Money pit!

Comment

Hey, thanks guys. Good info and I like the looks of that TJ exhaust pipe. I'll have to look into that. Then it'll be all the appropriate armor.

Comment

Working...
          X