Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights at corner of windshield?

Ive got a set of Hellas on my fender and some fogs underneath. My ? is are those lights on the windshield column practical or just for looks? Its either a set of those or a Mossberg 12 ga. pump combo for Christmas....whattaya guys think.

i got the lights mounted there i also have a shot gun .

go for the shotgun hell yea!!!!! but yea the lights work well mounted there
    :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

just got back from Big 5. Dont know much about shotguns but I liked what I saw.

Comment

Jr,

I bought a Mossberg 500 shotgun combo years ago and it has been a great gun. Good home defence weapon with the 18in barrel and a decent trap gun with the 28in. Also I have 6" KC long range lights mounted on the window hinge and they work really good up there.

Comment

I've got a 500 with pistol guips, it's nice.
          I saw one of those lights get pushed into a windshield, I don't think that tree would had hurt much if the lite wasn't there.
          '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

ive got the remington 12 ga great for huntin quail ,rabbit great for skeet shootin or just blowing up cansthe lights work great i broke one at calico but they do light up well mounted high like that
            :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

I think Im gonna go with the shotgun. Cant I get one cheaper at a gun shop than big 5. also the ones on the net have the wooden stock, I like that classic wooden look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. Bonner View Post
                I think Im gonna go with the shotgun. Cant I get one cheaper at a gun shop than big 5. also the ones on the net have the wooden stock, I like that classic wooden look.
                Check around as there are some great deals out there . . . I found a rippin deal last year on mine . . . barely used, all set up for home defense with the short barrel, fold away stock, and double pistol grips . . . oh yeah :gun::gun:. Has all the original stuff too in case I want to shoot skeet, etc. I've been thinking about getting those lights you are looking at too, but something about a loaded shotgun in the corner makes me sleep just a bit better!!!
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Ive got a set of Hellas on my fender and some fogs underneath. My ? is are those lights on the windshield column practical or just for looks? Its either a set of those or a Mossberg 12 ga. pump combo for Christmas....whattaya guys think.

I have some mounted on the windshield brackets. If you go that route IMO it's better to mount long-range lights there for two reasons. Fogs will reflect off the hood and make it difficult to see and it’s nice to have the long range next to your window to point any where you need to while driving.
                  Check out .

Comment

I have long range lights on my bumper, does that matter. would two sets of long range lights be practical??

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      I have some mounted on the windshield brackets. If you go that route IMO it's better to mount long-range lights there for two reasons. Fogs will reflect off the hood and make it difficult to see and it’s nice to have the long range next to your window to point any where you need to while driving.
                      i have a set of long range lights on my bumper. does having two sets of long range lights matter?

Comment

Jr.
                        I have 2 mounted at the window post, also had 3 mounted on front bumper ( before accident ) and they all served a good purpose. I directed them to cover more area abroad ( an ex desert racing theory of mine )
                        Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

I bought the M.B.Persuader shot gun over the holidays. But I already had a pair of the Baja Designs 8"s on the front bumper. I will eventually get em up higher on the stinger when I fab it.
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i just find it particularly hilarious that this thread changed instantly from driving lights to shotguns...

ok back to your regularly scheduled discussion
                            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                              i just find it particularly hilarious that this thread changed instantly from driving lights to shotguns...

ok back to your regularly scheduled discussion
                              Which one? lol.
                              I liked the light discussion best.
                              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                              X