Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So. Cal. door thieves

A friend of mine in Long Beach got the doors off his 05 Rubi slammed Thurs morning. This is the "good" part of Long Beach also, two blocks away from my house. Doors, who woulda thunk it?

Jr, What do you mean by slammed?? stolen? or smashed?..Either way sorry to hear it..bummer for sure..Geeb..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Stolen......

Comment

A guy I work with got his jeep stolen from a service place while it was in to get some engine work done. Cops found it a week later 1 block from the shop, doors gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. Bonner View Post
          A friend of mine in Long Beach got the doors off his 05 Rubi slammed Thurs morning. This is the "good" part of Long Beach also, two blocks away from my house.
          Where is that? I was born & raised in LB but left in '66.
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
            This would be good to know as I work in Signal Hill (right next to LB).
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

i work in a body shop and i see jeeps come in all the time with no doors stolen!!!!! it sucks i hate thieves
              :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Long Beach was a city in 1966??!!...........Just kidding, Bellflower and Willow area, ring a bell??

Comment

That's about 2 miles west of me. I never thought that was a door stealing area. Not that I see too many Rubi's in my area, what color are the doors?

Comment

I work in downtown LBC. What color are the doors?
                    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. Bonner View Post
                      Long Beach was a city in 1966??!!...........Just kidding, Bellflower and Willow area, ring a bell??
                      Yep, I lived on Harco that ran between Bellflower and Woodruff, a block south of Carson Blvd. so I went to Lakewood HS. I was on Willow a lot too, especially since I spent 19 years in LB.

The last time I was in the area, I couldn't see where anything had changed, other than the downtown area which is much nicer now.

So far as the stole doors go, that area didn't seem all that bad though I guess some bad areas aren't all that far away.

And Steelman, I used to take my girlfriends up to Signal Hill and park when it was little more than a bunch of oil wells. Driving a little too fast over that steep hill on Cherry Avenue used to get them all excited. Signal Hill is certainly a LOT nicer now than it was when I was there.
                      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

A friend here in Torrance had his doors stolen in broad day light when he stopped for coffee at McDonalds. While he was sipping his coffee he looked out and noticed a van had pulled into a parking spot between him and the Jeep. Thirty seconds later he looked out the van and his doors were gone.
                        '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

wow this is wierd. about 2 weeks ago their was a article in the calgary sun about doors being stolen off jeep. and this is canada!

Comment

And Steelman, I used to take my girlfriends up to Signal Hill and park when it was little more than a bunch of oil wells. Driving a little too fast over that steep hill on Cherry Avenue used to get them all excited. Signal Hill is certainly a LOT nicer now than it was when I was there.
                            Jerry,
                            You're the second "old guy" that has told me this (about 'parking')!
                            -Bob
                            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pts/527714042.html

was thinking of post when i saw this
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X