Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine break-in period

I have just completed installing a remanufactured 4.2L in my CJ7. I have less than 200 miles on it. I was very careful to following the manufacturers instructions for starting it for the first time.

I was wondering, I want to go on the Friday Big Bear run which is a realivley easy run. I don't think it would be very hard on the engine, but I am not sure.

Anyone have any advice or knowlege if it would be too soon to take a trip like that?

Thanks,

Roger
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger,

I recently had a "Jasper" rebuilt 4.2 installed and it was suggested to do an easy 500 mile break-in period. Other than the climb to Big Bear, the rest of the trip seems like the perfect easy run to break it in. I did my break-in around town and on the way to and through Rattlesnake the first time I ran that trail.

Mitch

Comment

Drive it during the break in. Just do not flog it. No high revving or real heavy loads. Vary the rpm while driving, otherwise drive it like normal.
      1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Mitch & Davisrats,

Thanks gents. Tomorrow's trail is pretty easy, that's kinda why I thought it would be an okay run for the new motor. I plan on just crusin' along enjoying The SB Mts, the compamy of two of my sons, and rockin' jeepsters.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
        X