Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this common?

I swear, ive had my wrangler for four years, dropped a ton of money on it and still have one problem after another!!are they called "heeps" in the same context as "jolkswagon", maybe I soulda got a toyota!!

in my experiance anything that goes wheelin will be broken about as much as you use it. I have yet to see a part that can't be busted. But it's all part of the fun right!!
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

Originally posted by cannon View Post
      in my experiance anything that goes wheelin will be broken about as much as you use it. I have yet to see a part that can't be busted. But it's all part of the fun right!!
      yeah, I see your point but I havent even used mine yet, still trying to get it trail ready.

Comment

lol, you must drive like a mad man on the road then...
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. Bonner View Post
          I swear, ive had my wrangler for four years, dropped a ton of money on it and still have one problem after another!!are they called "heeps" in the same context as "jolkswagon", maybe I soulda got a toyota!!
          So what's happening? What are all the problems you're having? Jeeps aren't exactly high tech machines, but they are machines...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Welcome to the money pit. Just be sure to have lot's of fun while you're spending all that money. I don't play as hard as most, but it is always something to fix. Even when you don't break something, you'll find something new to update!

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              So what's happening? What are all the problems you're having? Jeeps aren't exactly high tech machines, but they are machines...
              i think its more on the a**h**e who rebuilt my motor.but yesterday i was replacing the gasket around my transfer case, got that fixed and decided to fix another pesky leak and broke a motor mount.maybe this is the joy of having a hobby!!!

Comment

i think its more on the a**h**e who rebuilt my motor.but yesterday i was replacing the gasket around my transfer case, got that fixed and decided to fix another pesky leak and broke a motor mount.maybe this is the joy of having a hobby!!!
                That sucks man. Well,
                I'm in LBC too, so if you need help, send me a PM. I can turn one of those thingies that put screws in...

Rat
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I'm at 89,000 (low mileage for this motor) and the only problems I have are exhaust manifolds. If it's engine problems you're having, I think it's definitely your rebuilder as I've heard nothing but good about the I6 (you do have the 6, right?).
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Well, how old is your Jeep?
                    Although you have had it for four years, what is it?
                    What motor do you have?
                    Why did you rebuild the last motor?
                    Do you wheel it?
                    What type of wheeling do you do?
                    What type of Wheeling would you like to do?
                    Do you park it down by the beach with the top down?

What are you asking us?

I've had my 1993 YJ for about four years now and you wouldn't believe the amount of money that I have put into it! Like many others here, the list of mods would be a couple of pages long..........
                    Money pit!

Comment

what is it they say...when it stops leaking its out of oil

i've had my CJ for about 4 years now, and i've almost got all the leaks stopped. :beer:

if you have the I6, its a great engine. what's it doing wrong. maybe it just needs some tweeking out.

Comment

i had my jeep about 7 hours and the water pump blew...cluth was screwed when i bought it...cat went like a week later..starter went..battery went...blew a tire wheelin...blew a second tire wheelin..bent a rim wheelin..wrecked my power steering pump when it got full of mud somehow..o wiat that was wheelin...bought 2 roofs for it..new tires...matching spare...intake and exhaust just so i could make it louder, told parents it was for better gas mileage....gascap got stolen... things add up man, just dont let it get you down. inside of a month of owning it i droped over 2k into it just to keep it running. its the cost of doin buisness.

Comment

I think anyone here can attest to this, but my '74 spends more time in the garage under the probings of my socket set than it does on the road. In the few years I've owned it, I took it out wheeling ONCE...and I never seem to have enough $$ to fix it. I seem to have, for the time being, all the leaks stopped. But I'm sure that's only until the RTV holding it together lets loose. However, I love the old bucket of bolts and working on it is the thing that keeps me sane (for the most part).

For your question of 'is it common?' I think you're starting to get the picture. Yep, it's very common to have one thing or another going on with your Jeep. I like to pretend that even some of the more solid Jeeps that I see around MJR have their dirty little secrets that need fixin. Their owners just don't advertise them. This helps me sleep at night. Good luck with yours, and if you discover the 'secret part number' of the gaskets that don't leak...please post it!!!
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
                            For your question of 'is it common?' I think you're starting to get the picture. Yep, it's very common to have one thing or another going on with your Jeep. I like to pretend that even some of the more solid Jeeps that I see around MJR have their dirty little secrets that need fixin. Their owners just don't advertise them. This helps me sleep at night. Good luck with yours, and if you discover the 'secret part number' of the gaskets that don't leak...please post it!!!
                            :yay:The truth is finally revealed!
                            There are times when I actually wonder what I did right in order to take the Jeep out wheeling and return w/o anything to fix!
                            Money pit!

Comment

In the beginning of our relationship (my 89 YJ and I ) I spent a few bucks fixing alot of stuff, replaced head, clutch and some other things to include mods and repaired/replaced stuff that needed it as it went along. 5 years later all the bugs are gone and the motor, a carbed (MC2100) 4.2 I6, has been extremely dependable. The block design I believe has been around for 40 or 50 years and is a solid engine. I've heard of alot of jeeps going over 200K easy.
                              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X