Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire

Hello, I have a 97 TJ I upgraded to 33x12.50 mud tires and was wondering if any of ya have setup your jeep so the spare tire fits on the tire rack back there allowing me to still have that third brake light fuction.I posted something about this before but can,t find the thread..(sorry) Thanks Geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

jeep has given you long bolts to hold that third brake light in place. all you have to do is take the light off, measure and cut a 2x4 chunk of wood as a spacer, you might want to sand and paint it black, and then bolt the thing back in place.

that's my high-speed-low-drag solution!

and it fights global warming!
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Kodiak Spirit,,Thanks for the info..Get this I tried to fit the tire on my 97 TJ and the damn thing fit..LOL..Olny thing I did was let some air out ,they had 35lb,s in it..Thanks though..Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
        Kodiak Spirit,,Thanks for the info..Get this I tried to fit the tire on my 97 TJ and the damn thing fit..LOL..Olny thing I did was let some air out ,they had 35lb,s in it..Thanks though..Geeb
        Are you talking about the thread where I said it WOULD fit and everybody else (including you) said it wouldn't?

Here's a link:
        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?p=85875

Glad it fit for you!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Materdaddy,,YES you were ABSOLUTLEY right sir it looked like no way situation but it fit minus a little air Thanks for telling me to try her on or I would have fabraciated the damn thing then put it on..Thanks again Materdaddy..and I did doubt it..(sorry)..Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
            Materdaddy,,YES you were ABSOLUTLEY right sir it looked like no way situation but it fit minus a little air Thanks for telling me to try her on or I would have fabraciated the damn thing then put it on..Thanks again Materdaddy..and I did doubt it..(sorry)..Geeb
            Haha, I was just giving you a hard time. I would have believed it myself without trying. Glad it worked for you!

Mat
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Materdaddy,,Hi There, no problem I figured you where kidding .Its funny though looking at the tire holder and that break light your eyes say no damn way..Geeb

Comment

speakin of no damn way...i throw a 35 on mine when i hit the tough trails. just it was free and im getting 35s in the future. i got an adapter and it fits. just dont go pre-runnering through the dunes or else it will prob break off. good luck
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X