Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Refill?

I just got a new CO2 tank and was wondering were you OC boys refill your tanks. So far the cheapest I found is $20 for a 10lb refill. Thanks
    Check out .

That's about what I pay. I get mine done at a welding supply shop down here in the Long Beach harbor area.

Comment

I use a fire extinguisher shop in Eagle Rock- $15 for a 10# tank. Rather than piece a sytem together this guy has a quality, affordable package deal. Nice guy too.
      http://www.ultimate-air.com/products/exlt10.htm
      Last edited by bruce p; 10-05-07, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I go to AirGas in Duarte. I spoke to the guy and get the contractors price (level 8), and it cost 11.52 for a 10lb tank.
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
          I use a fire extinguisher shop in Eagle Rock- $15 for a 10# tank. Rather than piece a sytem together this guy has a quality, affordable package deal. Nice guy too.
          http://www.ultimate-air.com/products/exlt10.htm
          That's the tank I got.
          Thanks for the info guys. I talked to a welding supply house close to where I'm at and he says he only charges $9. I'm going there this week.
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
            That's the tank I got.
            Thanks for the info guys. I talked to a welding supply house close to where I'm at and he says he only charges $9. I'm going there this week.
            That's a nice price! The shop that I go to in Hunt. Beach charges something like $20....... I fill mine about twice a year and it costs just as much to drive over there as it does to fill the tank.
            Money pit!

Comment

I get mine filled at the ACE hardware. 5 bucks for a 10lb tank. Their setup is made for the smaller paintball tanks so it takes a little longer to fill but you cant beat the price.
              Dennis
              04 TJ
              4.0/Auto
              RE 4.5 Long Arm
              Rock-It Man Rockers
              33x12.50 BFG A/T
              desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

How many tires (35in)can you air up with a 10# tank? about.

Comment

Check here
                  http://www.powertank.com/charts.specs
                  Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Sweet,maybe this is a better way to go than an oba compressor. Olus one day the air compressor will break.

Comment

Wow, all you guys are lucky!!! Best place I found is in Northridge, of course I'm in the SF Valley....but still I found a Tavern supply place and they charge about 14 bucks...
                      The others you guys are talking about, is that a fill or an exchange? There's only a few places here in the valley that actually fill as opposed to swapping. Most are in Van Nuys.

Anyway, love the CO2 setup, less expensive to setup, and can get about 2 or 3 weekends in (have 31's) plus dust blow-off.
                      Great if you don't want to spend thousands on oba yet.
                      David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                      I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

After seeing how quickly Highway420 aired up after Millers, I "found" me a tank. It's 20#, kinda big, but it was free. I went to Airgas and bought a regulator and fill. The regulator was $75, fill $22. I used the connectors from my air compressor, so, now I have CO2 for about $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwjvw View Post
                          Sweet,maybe this is a better way to go than an oba compressor. Olus one day the air compressor will break.
                          That's what all the CO2 guys told me when I put my York on the YJ - almost 10 years ago.

I can count all the folks I've run into with broken York systems on the trail on one hand. Folks who've run their CO2 dry? Let me take my shoes off....
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY
                          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I pay $15 for 20lb here in the central valley.
                            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                              That's what all the CO2 guys told me when I put my York on the YJ - almost 10 years ago.

I can count all the folks I've run into with broken York systems on the trail on one hand. Folks who've run their CO2 dry? Let me take my shoes off....
                              I think I filled up one of those broken York guys, which coincidently finished my tank off on that trip.:bonk:

The key is know how much the tare is of the tank and put the bathroom scale to work. :geek:

Comment

Working...
                              X