Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear shock mount cj7

I'm thinking of running my rear shocks up the center on my cj because I went spring over and they don't seem to have anywhere else good to go. The plan is to span the top of the the frame rails with some 2"x3" 1/4 wall box tube and then run the shocks up to the center of it. Love to hear some ideas or pics from any one that has relocated the rear shocks. The fronts are going up to some custom hoops so they are easy. thanks
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

If you look in my "Never Ending Project" thread, you can see the rear shock bar i made for my XJ. Basically the same priniciple shouldnt be too hard, just make sure you brace it well...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Yours looks really good. I think that have to keep mine under the body. Got to have the back seats for the kids. Is it better to have the shock at more of a angle towards the center or more vertical?
      '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

Im pretty sure that a sight tilt towards the middle with room to move side to side is best. That why my tabs are in front and behind the shock eyes and not side to side. It allows the shock to be able to "lean" left or right depending on the articulation of your axle
        Last edited by swbooking; 05-21-07, 07:37 AM.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
        X