Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welder problems

I picked up a 90-110 amp flux wire welder, to learn on. When I plug it in I can turn it on and feed wire but it doesn't arc. I was wondering if I have enough power to run it, and how could I find out how much my outlet is putting out. I did try one outdoor outlet and it made one spark then shut off couldn't find the breaker to get it to work again, tried every switch. Any advice would be great. Thanks John
    I have 2

Breaker on that size welder is typically a simple thermal overload - look for a black or white "pushbutton" about 3/16" in diameter, probably on the back where the power cord runs into it.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

If your not getting any arc and the wire is feeding it may just be a case of a bad ground. Be sure that the ground is well attached to the metal you are welding without any paint or dirt in the way.
      '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

Definately the ground. Make sure your work is clean of paint ant that you ground is put so that it is also free of paint
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

ii just use fire (oxyacet) unless i got some precision fabing to do, i prefer a torch, its just so calming and enjoyable to work with metal more oldfashioned

Comment

Try arcing the wire straight to the ground clamp. Is this a new welder or used? I have one that I've had for several years and I love it.

Comment

Working...
            X