Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need welding help

Anybody in the SD area with a welder, I need to get my rock sliders on my WJ. It should be a quick job, maybe 1/2 hr or so. If anybody can help please let me know. Thanks John. 858-531-0442
    I have 2

Originally posted by cajunzj View Post
    Anybody in the SD area with a welder, I need to get my rock sliders on my WJ. It should be a quick job, maybe 1/2 hr or so. If anybody can help please let me know. Thanks John. 858-531-0442

Are you welding the sliders to the WJ (not recommended) OR do you just need to finish welding them???

If you just need to finish welding them, PM me.. I am in O.C. (orange county) but could weld em up for you.
    UHH....DUUUHHH

Comment

Actually I did weld them to the frame. I was having so much trouble with the bolt holes that I caved in. Other than the fact that it will be hell to get them off now, why would you not recommend welding them on? I was a little worried too, but it's pretty solid, I've tested them on a hi-lift and me and a buddy jumped up and down (about 400lbs) and they held up great. I would have liked to bolt them but I figure I never plan on removal so what the hell. Plus the body support didn't come close to lining up and had to be bent into place, them tacked on too. Thank you for offering your help, thats why I love jeeps, we have the best community out there.
      I have 2

Comment

We've been a bit busy up here, but all you have to do is call John.

Tam and Chris
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thanks alot everybody, job is done for now. Heading out to TDS in 10 min. hope to see ya'll there.
          I have 2

Comment

Working...
          X