Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of work going in on the garage these days

Lately we've been doing a lot of axle and gear work out of the garage, and I decided to take a couple pics of this weekend's festivities.

I was reminded of a thread on JA where they were asking about the relative strengths of axles, etc, and remembered that I had this pic from yesterday:

That's a D60 low pinion front with a Detroit and 5.38's. The other axle is a high pinion D30 with ARB and 4.56's. Both are decent axles, but when you put them side by side, the 30 looks like a toy...

Here's a wider shot of the garage. The red Jeep is one that we put a 4.5" RE Superflex kit on with the Advance Adapters Short Shaft SYE, Superior shafts, and Poison Spyder steering. This Jeep has an Explorer 8.8 in the back that is very nicely done.

Next weekend we have a huge job coming in. Very busy.
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
    That's a D60 low pinion front with a Detroit and 5.38's. The other axle is a high pinion D30 with ARB and 4.56's. Both are decent axles, but when you put them side by side, the 30 looks like a toy....
    I think I can see a tear dripping from my square headlight. The poor girl thought she was getting a nice upgrade with the hp30.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Never thought I would see the day, that I would be jealous of a rear end.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        I think I can see a tear dripping from my square headlight. The poor girl thought she was getting a nice upgrade with the hp30.
        No worries. That HP D30 is indeed a nice axle. You'll be happy with it for quite a while. By the time you get ready for something like a '60, it won't look much like a ZJ anymore, anyway.:thumbs_up
        '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

sigh, i remember the days when i had a garage that size. now i have about 5 ft on each side of my jeep when its in the garage... sigh...
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
            sigh, i remember the days when i had a garage that size. now i have about 5 ft on each side of my jeep when its in the garage... sigh...
            my tires are too wide for the garage. there was a couple of :oops: so now i dont park there
            :devil: Giffer

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
              That's not even the whole garage. There's a whole 'nuther single car to the right outside of the camera shot, and they're connected by a 5 x 12 work area where I keep my toolbox and workbench and air compressor.

The CJ8 project lives in the single.

Comment

i remember when my jeep actuall fit in the garage.. now its to tall haha oh well i got a shop to work in
                therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

<whew> Who has time to wheel these days? Not us...

So this past weekend we had yet another wrench fest. Since Friday we have re-geared TWO TJ's. Both got Chromoly axles, and the black one got my old rear '44 with an ARB, and we also installed a Tera-Low 4:1 kit. The white TJ has Rubi axles and we geared him down to 4.88 and installed Alloy USA all around.

At this point, we're booked through the end of March. My neighbors are starting to give me funny looks. One came in and booked a Water Pump job! I really don't like water pumps, but I figured I have to keep the neighbors happy...

Busy busy busy.

Look! It's a Jeep Show!

Another Currie Convert...I tried to talk him out of it, but I have to admit, that drag link is beefy.

And on a side note, Chris got his 35-Spline D44 axles in to go with his new 35-Spline ARB. DAMN those things are beefy. Here are some comparisons to a standard 30-Spline D44 shaft.

No pics of the white TJ under the knife, 'cause the job went so well we didn't stop to take pics.

Next! If you need gears, we'd sure love to do them for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X