Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" sub in rear seat

after going to http://www.sirgcal.com/ and seeing how the guy did a rear seat enclosure i decided to do it to because i like my tunes, i like the space savings, i like out of sight out of mind, and i like projects.

10.00 12 pack heineken
    20.00 for wood
    40.00 in stuff like screws, glue, sealants, stuff like that
    52.00 for the 10" sub from overstock.com

i can now begin..

i started with my jig saw. no good. didnt cut straight cuts. the line was straight but the cut it self wasnt true. so i got a hand saw. FUN.

i then used a small drill bit to put a hole where i wanted screws to go then glued up the joints (overkilling them) and then screwed the screws in. after a few days of this( had to go to work and school dont cha know) i used a rattle can rubber sealant. let that dry, they put compressed air in the box and it was air tight. i then unbolted the back support of the rear seat and unzipped the skin for the butt part. i screwed up and thought that the zipper end would have to be cut to completely seperate the zipper. dont do this. its a pita to get the zipper aligned later on during installation. that alone took 4 beers.
    heres some pics i took and the site mentioned above has good pics and instructions as well.
    still nice and squishy...

Can you tell this is a speaker box/butt holder?

The paint didnt compliment the wood to well and the flash didnt help either. its super sealed, super functional and well,, who cares how it looks on the outside. its better than the pic shows though.

I added 1"x1" aluminum brackets front and rear to keep the fat people from breaking my creation

The finished product.

result? well, it hit much harder than i thought it would. not as good as the big bulky box i had behind my rear seat that got stolen. cubic space is less and its expected though. it'll vibrate the gerbel out of your butt thats for sure. assuming you have one. dont ask how i know.
    i still need to put my amp somewhere. thinking about under the driver seat. hmm
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Just have to have those subs over there in rancho, huh??? Even in a jeep :rollseyes:

J/K, I grew up in Fontana... feel sorry for me!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Nice Job. Make sure you put the amp somewhere where its gonna get airflow, cause it will go out if it gets too hot and then you either have to turn it off or deal with the crap sounding bass from it.

What about some 12s?! haha
      Last edited by swbooking; 11-29-06, 01:27 AM. Reason: Cause i cant spell...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I forgot to mention in the first post that it looks good! I saw somebody else do this a while back on jeepforum.com, but theirs didn't look nearly as clean for the final result! Good job!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

all i see is red x's . i love how you tell time in beers, even if they are imported. you would fit in well up here in canada where the beer is beer and the men are men.

also cool blue subs swbooking, they yours or just a cool pic?

Comment

here is the box w/o the seat itself
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
            X