Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocks

mine are going to pretty much be straight up and down, the way the stock mounts were made the axle want to twist, have you ever unbolted your leafs with the shocks still atached, the axle does some wierd sh#@, it may be a little mushy in the rear but its not a daily driver, ive got everything now so ill be finishing this up shortly, just been really busy.//Kevin

Comment

Do you think the angle should be the same as stock or will it not matter? Cant wait till its done. I really wanna see that thing flex!
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Shocks are most effective (offer the most resistance) when they are perpendicular to the load, which is normally straight up and down.

Allow sufficient clearance for suspension movement. This can be hard to estimate but a ramp can give you a good idea.
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

cant wait either

i just want to get done and go wheelin. swbooking when i get done let me know and we can do yours if you want. are you going to the rockin xj deally in johnson valley, thats what im trying to get done for, if your planning on going or want to go ill be leaving the family at home for that one so let me know, we can caravan or you can roll with me if you want, ill be there for fri and sat. there will be trails for everyone, Kevin

Comment

Is that an NAXJA thing. I didnt even know that was going on. Is it this weekend? Cause the Jeep is for sure not going to be ready by then. and i have to work on saturday at 8 in the morning. If its next weekend then im for sure down but id probably have to roll with you. hahah let me know sounds like fun though. and ill definently take you up on the shock mod. How much travel are you using on the rear shocks? I GOT to get rid of these ProCraps im gonna get some 5150s.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

hey

no its not this month its nov. 18-19 that gives you some time, let me know i actually just went with 5100s 12'' travel, the fox shocks i have the body is way to long and my cross bar would have been to tall, so i picked some 5100s up from the off road expo. yes it is a NAXJA event check out the info on naxja. Kevin

Comment

cool yeah hopefully it will be done by then, the thing about free work is it ALWAYS takes a while before its done. Ill check it out. Might still run with you if thats all right.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Well I mentioned it to my GF and she was like I WANNA GO! so thats an extra person and then my little bro wants to go so thats one more. I think im just gonna run my cherokee hahaha your gonna go the 17th? how about we just caravan down with you and hang out that day then on sat ill decide if we wanna go back or not, i might stay till sunday but probably not. Got a meeting place / time?

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

more

ok i did a little bit more today, i only took a coulple of pics, i kinda changed up the way i was going to do it, im still not done with the tube ill put a coulple pieces from the crossbar to the floor just for more strength, but i dont think it needs it it is really strong right know, its 1 1/2 .120 dom and i welded 4x7 plates to each side, i was told to def stay away from welding on the fenderwell, its really thin you can dent it with your finger, and im not a very good welder YET.

Comment

pic

Comment

pic

Comment

Working...
                        X