Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo stuff -

built a rack for the amps for the jeep, stacked them with room for them to cool.
    cut out the kick panels for front speakers.

link to my pages
    Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

so where does the subwoofer go?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I have a box built for the subs- removable- also the stereo has seperate lines out for subs- so for really thumping sounds I just plug in the subs to the second amp, drop in the box and let it rock. If I need the space or will be somewhere I don't want to leave the stereo out in the open, I just remove the box- leave the stereo without the subs and it sound fine. the speakers are all installed into the body of the jeep and the sound bar- so you don't see anything that would be worth taking.
      The dash mounted speakers will have to be eliminated I think, when the roll cage is done- the bars are going behind the dash down through the floor.
      I need to find some flat ducts to redo the vent system for the two end vents as the roll bars will have to go there too. I don't want to lose the heat coming from those vents as the left one blows hot air on my hand on a cold morning.

Still working on some places to install tweeters and more speakers. I have some mounted into the half doors but loose them when the doors are off. I just added a plug to the wiring so when you remove the doors you just unplug the speaker connections.
      Kirk
      1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
      X