Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Time!

My wife bought me the York mounting kit for my birthday

So now its time to get it all hooked up and I have a couple questions.

1. Where to get the Coalescing Filter? My search has shown a wide range of products/specs/prices so I am a bit confused on what I need. I will be ordering a lot of my fittings from McMaster so I want to try and get everything from there.

2. Mounting the tank. Its going right in front of the gas tank. Are there any tricks I can use since I will probably be doing it by myself and tightening the nuts/bolts is going to be a pain for one person.

Thanks
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Kilby has the filter I'm using -I'd print it out and hit McMaster to duplicate

As far as the tank - I tack welded two 3/8" bolts (head end) to a piece of unistrut tacked that to my tank, and nutted it with aircraft nuts in the cab (on a YJ, the tank sits nicely in the "muffler position" on the opposite side.

My guess is that you could do something similar where you want it - push it into place and support with a jack - it can't turn once the two bolts are pushed into the respective holes.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I am pretty much redoing my system now and am getting everything from kilby; all the fitting and hoses, check valves, etc. I did get a coalescing filter off ebay. I have purchased a few off ebay and I think I finally got a good one.

my 2 cents would be to just get everything form kilby. his prices are comparable and everything will work together.

That york as a great addidtion. a tank will be next for me after i re do my system.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Hmmm, I dont have a welder so cant do that trick.

Guess I will have to just get someone to come over and hold the bolts on top while I tighten stuff down underneath.

I did find this for my filter, they also have a decent priced check valve. Fittings are so so priced but I can get those at the hardware store.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/SMCWaterTrap38.php
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

One problem I had with the filters is that it was hard to find one with the correct thread at the bottom for the oil return kit. the first 2 I had either didnt have threads or it was plastic threads that didnt mate very well and leaked. FYI.....
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
            One problem I had with the filters is that it was hard to find one with the correct thread at the bottom for the oil return kit. the first 2 I had either didnt have threads or it was plastic threads that didnt mate very well and leaked. FYI.....
            Good to know but I dont think I will be doing the oil return, Ill just oil the york periodical.
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

You'll still need to drain the filter occasionally (linear to usage) - where will that oil go?
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                You'll still need to drain the filter occasionally (linear to usage) - where will that oil go?
                It will go in a big bottle with used motor oil that once it is full goes to the recycler. :confused:
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

If you can get a hose connection on the bottom of the filter, it's easy to plumb that line back into the air intake.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

What york? a junk yard or a kilby?

I plugged the hole that goes from the crankcase to the head and now mine loose very little oil.
                    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Its a junkyard York.
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techrepor..._mod/index.asp

There are several other write-ups out there.
                        Ron
                        1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Working...
                        X