Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip-Ties

A mans best friend, alwyas there to keep things in line or hold them together. A must in every emergency kit in every Jeep vehicle out there. They held my other cj`s body together sadly to say, but she was good to me and is now stripped down to the frame and ready to be sand-blasted and painted to start yet another project. : )

Hey there - fellow coal cart owner!

Originally posted by JeepMudderKId
    A mans best friend, alwyas there to keep things in line or hold them together. A must in every emergency kit in every Jeep vehicle out there. They held my other cj`s body together sadly to say, but she was good to me and is now stripped down to the frame and ready to be sand-blasted and painted to start yet another project. : )
    What year is your CJ? I'm fixin to do the same thing once the Holiday $$ crunch is over. I've got LOTS of body work to do. So I'm pretty interested in the problems you find and how you deal with them.

Please take lots of pictures ok? I R a publik skool gaduate. I'm going to TRY to remove all the zip ties from my rig as I go through. But yes, absolutely necessary for trail fixes and such... Nagal can attest to that on my rig.

Edit: I did some checking and see you have a 72 j-5... good, that will make it all the more interesting to see how similar our rigs are! Have you done any axle mods? I mean gone to wider axles or are you still running the narrow originals? I'm thinking that I need to do that right after that body work that NEEDS to be done.
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 12-22-05, 10:57 AM.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nope my 72 is almost all stock accept for a a little lift and some bigger tires, as far as my other cj it was a 73 i believe the body was metal and shot so I had decided to keep the frame, transmission, and tranfer case . The plan was to take it to the sand blaster and the put a 350 engine in it which I have, just not the time to do. In other words a frame up restoration. I bought both of the jeeps in plans to take them apart and rebuild one, i still plan to rebuild the 73 but am planning to sell the 72 as I need the money for a truck for the business. Im 14 so my knowledge of building is limited but if I do any major upgrades such as axles I will let you know how it turns out. **Planning to put chevy axles under the 73.....we will see what happens in time.......**someone buy my 72 so I can start on this other project!! : ) please.....lol

As far as body the 73`s body was old and rusty no use in trying to fix it id rather buy a new body- rhino line it and keep it for years. Which I plan to do on the 73.
      Last edited by JeepMudderKId; 12-23-05, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X