Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving Fenders

Hey guys,

im thinking about shaving the rear fenders or "wheel wells" on my YJ i wanna know how i should go about doing something like this? what kind of tools whould i need, and what are the law about not having fenders in california?

Thanks alot

Justin
    ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
    |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
    ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
    Locked and Ready

Sawzall is the tool of choice, but a die grinder with a cutoff wheel will work also. What is your goal in doing this, simply gaining more tire clearance? You should have some kind of flare on there to avoid the fuzz, most YJ folks use TJ flares.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

get a set of stock tj flares, i've seen them online for $100 or so, i run 35's with them..
      Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Justin, I'm in the process of putting TJ flares on my 94 YJ - the fenders are marked. If you want to see how much metal is removed from the rear of the opening, I can shoot a picture tonight and post tomorrow.

BTW - if you have access to an air body saw, nothing can touch it short of a plasma cutter for trimming fenderwells.
        Last edited by Old Fart; 11-02-05, 11:32 AM.
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by assyrianjeep
          Hey guys,

im thinking about shaving the rear fenders or "wheel wells" on my YJ i wanna know how i should go about doing something like this? what kind of tools whould i need, and what are the law about not having fenders in california?

Thanks alot

Justin
          I took the Jeep to the plant and cranked up each wheel with a tow motor, then I marked around the tire with a magic marker on the fender. easy.
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
          X