Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB87YJ
    Paul

actually, I am getting ready to buy one, found a sweet deal at good ole harbor freight. (i know, i know, chinese junk, but as long as ya put a better power cord on it b4 the first use, its not all crap)

Chris.

True, it's not all crap, it's got a good power cord, eh?
    I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
      Personally, I wouldn't own or install any underhood welder that requires the use of electrodes, even if you gave me one.

Most folks are barely proficient in the garage with a MIG welder. Then you need to use one on the trail where conditions are never ideal. It's windy, out of position, metal is dirty, oily and generally a giant PITA. Conditions that make stick welding something only a well qualified stick weldor could pull off on a consistent basis.

That makes a Ready Welder with flux core wire a perfect choice for a trail welder. Economical, easy to use, fast, effective and forgiving. That would be and is my choice.
      Looks like it will work also with the Premier. That will be my next investment.

Thanks
      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
      WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
        Thanx for the advice mrblaine, very straight forward. Might take you up on that 30min lesson.
        I already have & it was time well spent at Blaines! Plus - his welder is MUCH better than my little Hobart 135.

I'm no pro by any stretch. My welding skills have greatly diminished over time and I'm slowly trying to get back into the swing of things.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
          Personally, I wouldn't own or install any underhood welder that requires the use of electrodes, even if you gave me one.

Most folks are barely proficient in the garage with a MIG welder. Then you need to use one on the trail where conditions are never ideal. It's windy, out of position, metal is dirty, oily and generally a giant PITA. Conditions that make stick welding something only a well qualified stick weldor could pull off on a consistent basis.

That makes a Ready Welder with flux core wire a perfect choice for a trail welder. Economical, easy to use, fast, effective and forgiving. That would be and is my choice.
          mine too... if anyone is in the market for one of these ready welders.. shoot me a pm. i can get them at a great discount.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I drive a tow truck and on our wheel lift systems we have to have little metal skid plates to keep the boom from dragging on the ground. So I tryed out my weld pak 100 to weld some skids on there, came out good I think.

“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X