Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missus wants to buy me a gift...

Well, the Missus is a little saint and she looked deep into my eyes last week and said, "Your birthday is coming up and I want to get you a...COMPRESSOR."

I just about fell over backward when I heard her say that, but I composed myself and said, "That's sweet, Honey. I'll let you know which one."

I think I need:

220V
    60 gallons or more
    oil-lubed

I was planning on using it with the usual impact wrench and inflation duties, but eventually will need it for an angle grinder and plasma cutter and maybe a blasting cabinet. I will be mostly using it for only one task at a time, so I don't think I will get close to 100% duty cycle.

My 220v service is only 50A right now and I was thinking about getting a 30-40 amp plasma down the line, so I'd like the compressor to draw 15 amps or less.

What's a good CFM? Maker? Gallon size?

Thanks in advance!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

I have a husky 60 gal compressor from Home Depot. 100% duty cycle, 15 amp draw, oiled crankcase. I like mine. No problems with it at all. I think it was under $400.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Definately go with a belt driven, oiled compressor. I hate my direct drive oiless noisy assed leaky reed valve having POS.

I have heard of people having problems with aluminum compressor housings....but no first hand experience with them.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Make sure you get one with cast iron heads not the aluminum
        ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Jm, if you need a good electrician to hook it up, just yell, I can get there in a week or two

for payment get those two in your gallery to kiss me
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
          X