Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rod end bushings

I want to make a chromoly drag link. My pal has a nice piece of tubing but we don't have LH taps lying around.

Does anyone know where I can get 11/16 - 18 RH and LH threaded bushings to weld into the tube?
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

I would probably try www.mcmaster.com in the past I have called them for LH threaded ball ends before and they had them just not on their site.
    Locally I would probably try DiEugenio Tool, CopperState or Hardware Metal Specialties.
    good luck
    AriZonaTJ

======================
    0[_____]0
    .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
    []===0=[]
    ======================

Comment

PSC used to sell threaded bushings.....I know there are a couple places that have a huge selection of them, just can't remember the names......the guys over at pirate would be able to tell you (you just have to weed through all the BS posts)
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by aston
        I want to make a chromoly drag link. My pal has a nice piece of tubing but we don't have LH taps lying around.

Does anyone know where I can get 11/16 - 18 RH and LH threaded bushings to weld into the tube?
        Find another side rod end to use. 11/16's is small, expensive on the taps and only an automotive thread used rarely anywhere else.

Go to 3/4-16 or similar that is more common.
        I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
          Find another side rod end to use. 11/16's is small, expensive on the taps and only an automotive thread used rarely anywhere else.

Go to 3/4-16 or similar that is more common.
          You're quite correct, what was I thinking

I found a DIY drag link kit in 3/4 - 16 :yay:

http://www.rockequipment.com/cat2.htm
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I have the 11/16-18 LH & RH thread taps if you'd like to borrow them. I got them at Mcmaster-Carr. These fit 1" DOM tubing. I drilled the tubing to 5/8" just to make sure the I.D. was correct.

I would also recommend the 3/4 size anyway considering the 11/16 is the stock rod end size and it's not all that large.

Maybe I'll start a tool rental service at the rate I'm accumulating stuff...
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
              Maybe I'll start a tool rental service at the rate I'm accumulating stuff...
              How much for the dohickey for the whatchama callit for the thing that goes bonging.
              [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
              In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Working...
              X