Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear the troubles with the Mobi Arc. I haven't read through all of the posts on this so if it doesn't relate sorry, but I wanted to let people know about the GoWeld. It is a portable MIG welder than hooks up to 2 batteries and welds up to 1/2 inch off of the 2 batteries. Need to do bigger stock, use 3 batteries. It is only like 500-600 bucks if I remember correctly. Since it requires 2 batteries it would be recommended that you upgrade to a dual battery setup which is preferred if you have a winch anyway.

I got to run a weld with it at a trade show on 1/4 plate. It could not believe how it just puddled the 1/4 plate and the power it had. It didn't stuggle at all and ran an awesome bead. It looks a little bulky and is shaped like a bulky gun. It is surprisingly easy to control, I thought... www.goweld.com check it out

Anyone else used or seen this?
    Scott Poliseno
    www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

03 rubi with a mobi-arc 150

Greeting from el cajon ca.

I just registered with this site and it is awesome. I also have a 03 rubi with a mobi-arc welder. I was wondering if you have found any work-arounds for the error codes that come on when the mobi is doing its thing. I like the unit but I could live without the generator field control error(P 622) and the charging system error(P 1682). After I burn a rod or two my check gages light is lit and I have the two error codes. Crap.
      Any ideas from a fellow 03 rubi owner would be gratefully appriciated.
      Thanks
      Ken

Comment

Originally posted by welded View Post
        Greeting from el cajon ca.

I just registered with this site and it is awesome. I also have a 03 rubi with a mobi-arc welder. I was wondering if you have found any work-arounds for the error codes that come on when the mobi is doing its thing. I like the unit but I could live without the generator field control error(P 622) and the charging system error(P 1682). After I burn a rod or two my check gages light is lit and I have the two error codes. Crap.
        Any ideas from a fellow 03 rubi owner would be gratefully appriciated.
        Thanks
        Ken
        hi ken.
        the best solution to a mobi-arc problem is to get rid of it while you still can.
        i had one of these for a bit. it is a real pile of shit.
        mine tried to burn the jeep down after doing a hard winch pull. with the mobi arc acting as the computer for loads, it does a bad job of it.

as far as your error code... i think you need to put a small light between the "field" contacts that used to connect to the alternator. this will resolve your (p1682)

since the jeeps computer is no longer doing all of the jobs it had before hooking up the mobi-arc, it gets confused when it is unable to perform them. the light bulb tricks your jeeps computer into thinking it is actually doing the job.

i had an error code issue, and this was the fix.

my best piece of advice, in all honesty, is to get rid of the damn thing.
        get yourself a ready welder. www.readywelder.com
        it is a much more portable unit, and is a lot easier to use on the trail.

good luck with all of this.

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

[SIZED]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/nailer341/IMG_5450.jpg[/SIZED]

connect the small bulb between the 2 lower prongs. these are the "field".
          use a small led from radio shack. it must be a very small draw in order to work.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

Comment

Led fix

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
            [SIZED]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/nailer341/IMG_5450.jpg[/SIZED]

connect the small bulb between the 2 lower prongs. these are the "field".
            use a small led from radio shack. it must be a very small draw in order to work.
            Thanks eric
            I will try this. Do you still have a mob-arc and is it working out for you?
            Thanks
            ken

Comment

Originally posted by welded View Post
              Thanks eric
              I will try this. Do you still have a mob-arc and is it working out for you?
              Thanks
              ken
              NO, i sold it on ebay about 3 weeks after i got it.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

Comment

Working...
              X