Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a fellow jeeper out?

i was wondering if anyone out there somewhere in socal has a plasma cutter or just anything that cuts... cuz i need to make some cuts on my xj body if someone out there has one i can use i would appreciate it

4.5" angle grinder with a cut off wheel works great for body panels, as long as you don't have any tight radius's to cut.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

i need to cut just along the wheel well on that part of the body panel

Comment

sawzall or grinder. both are great cutting tools. i have cut many parts off of my jeep, and many parts to fab things up for my jeep. i dont own a plasma cutter. hell, i have never even tried one.
        i'll bet it is nice, but unless some very kind, sharing, and generous person steps up to share their equipment with a stranger, i'd swing by harbor freight for some flap discs, and slitter wheels for your 4.5" grinder
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

where is harbor freight my friend told me but i didnt remember where it was

Comment

There is one on PCH just past Oak (I think), it is on the south side of PCH, in the same lot as that Pizza Hut.....I think anyway...it has been awhile since I was in that area.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Consider also using a Dremel and cutoff wheels if you have very fine and precise cuts that need to be made (under 5 cm length).

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta..._stores.taf#CA
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Dukes69 has a plasma cutter, but youll have to come to Temecula

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I have a plasma cutter (Corona), but would strongly suggest an air body saw.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I have one, but I dont think its the best for the job. A sawsall or some kind of cut off deal would be better. I didnt have any of the when I did mine, so I used tin snips.
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I Grew Up In A Body Shop And Still Work In One Today. A Plasma Cutter Is Not The Way To Go For Triming Fenders Or Quarter Panels.LOTS OF SPLATTER AND It Will Give You A Really Rough And Jaged Edge. Not Good For Tires. I Would Run Some Masking Tape Were Your Going To Cut, This Will Protect The Paint Were You Cut,keep It From Chipping And Peeling Back. But For The Cut I Would Use A Cut Off Wheel.
                      Last edited by dirty dykstra; 12-21-04, 09:16 AM.

Comment

yea i ended up using a cut off wheel to do the job thnx for all the input

Comment

Working...
                        X