Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB mounting

After having the CB mounted on the dash for a long time I noticed it was causing the dash bezel to become loose. I liked the idea of having the CB up out of the way and off the dash. I broke out the welder and put together a box for the CB to slide into. Then put a hook on the rear of the case so that it could be supported by the hoop on the windshield frame, Then attached it to the roll bar across the front

Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

that is a good location. i have mine there too. mine fits between the spreader bars though.
    the jeep girl in the pics makes the cb look much more attractive :yay:
    she sure is a doll
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I have my 10M FM/SSB Ham radio in that spot.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

That is where I mounted both my 2 meter and CB......
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Thought of stacking the 2M/70CM rig and 10M rig at that spot, but would hang down too much for my taste. Plus, I like the TM-731 locked up, as it stays in the rig - so it's in the MasteRac console.

Now - if I decide to buy a Yaesu FT-857, it will likely be mounted up there - and come out!
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
            Thought of stacking the 2M/70CM rig and 10M rig at that spot, but would hang down too much for my taste. Plus, I like the TM-731 locked up, as it stays in the rig - so it's in the MasteRac console.

Now - if I decide to buy a Yaesu FT-857, it will likely be mounted up there - and come out!
            Are you speaking English????
            Just your avearge Grand Cherokee.....right?
            "looks over function....yeah, right"

Comment

Ofcoursarus!

It's 5 o'clock...somewhere............
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

Thats a great spot, I have mine there too. Turbo City makes a good mounting bracket (which I used).

As far as 2M/70cm go, I am looking to get one (yeah I have said that before). Any suggestions? Would perfer one with a remote head to make mounting locations a bit easier.
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Best thing I can suggest Michael is to wander over to HRO, play with them all. Then go over to http://www.eham.net/ and see if anyone's done a review on what you liked.

All of mine are earlier than the "removable face" generation - IIRC when I bought my last 2M/70CM rig, it was 15 years ago
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                  X